George L's & Venom Adder patch leads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George L's & Venom Adder patch leads

Ok, I know we're talking opposite ends of the scale here, but what do you guys think of...

- George L's (high-end/price)
    ~ & ~
    - Venom Adder (budget)

...patch leads?
    My set-up:
    Warmoth Jazzmaster with SD '59(n) SD Duncan Custom(b) / Ric 330 / Fender Comp Mustang (CIJ) with SD lil' 59(b) & flush switches! / G&L Tribute S500 >> John Spina (Stratdeluxer) Modded Vox 847 Wah (SWEET!) >> Carl Martin Hot Drive n' Boost 2 >> EHX 'Shaved Muff' (Rehoused Big Muff) >> Orange Rockerverb 50 combo!

Oh, and a Martin 000-15S!

Gatherin' dust:
    Keeley TS9-DX Flexi, Tech 21 Sansamp GT2, Catalinbread SCOD, Boss Line Selector, RGW Bad Bob Boost

Re: George L's & Venom Adder patch leads

The George L cables are very good and I know that becasue a friend of mine has recently upgraded all of his gear which includes all the patch cables and leads as well. It cuts out a lot of noise and gets your signal through. If you are going to buy any cables then it is worthwhile getting them because they will last even Eric Johnson swears by them.

They are not soldered onto their plugs but you do need to have the right tool to make proper connections. In the UK I think Chandlers sell them either by the foot or cut to specific lengths. I missed out getting these at the Wembley guitar show a little while ago but that was because I was doing some other things. Stratdeluxer97 has them on his pedal board and I am sure he will be along later on to give you his own personal view.

Alternatively you can try the new planet waves cables which are also good, but avoid cheap leads and patch cables because you are robbing all of your tone and creating more noise even before it gets to the amp.
    Normans Guitars

Comment

Re: George L's & Venom Adder patch leads

Just to quote an old forum truth here: you get what you pay for. It doesn't always apply to everything but when it comes to cables it does. You are asking the difference between quality and cutting corners.
      I recently went from very cheap cables to Planet Waves. They cost me €60 total but are MUCH better. There is just no comparing the two. I got a more clear signal and got rid of the crackling noise the cables made when moving around.
      I don't have experience with the G. Lynch cables but I doubt they are much different from planet waves.

Comment

Working...
      X