Best 4X12 Cab w/ Vintage 30s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best 4X12 Cab w/ Vintage 30s

I am looking for a nice 4X12 cab with Celestian Vintage 30 speakers. I am getting kind of sick of the standard Cele 75 watt speakers. I also don't want 20 or 25 watt speakers.

I know Bogner makes one and I believe some of the older Marshalls (from 1994-1996) also have them.

Any other suggestions?
    MY MUSIC

When the going get's tough I get a machinegun.

Re: Best 4X12 Cab w/ Vintage 30s

Comment

Mesa recto cabs come with v30s. Built like a tank.
      Originally posted by Jolly
      ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

Thanks. I didn't know Mesa cabs come w/Vintage 30s. I'll check those out. They have to be a lot cheaper than the Bogner cabs.
        MY MUSIC

Comment

I have a Mesa rectifier cab with V-30's. It's awesome. I'm so glad that i bought it. It costs around $900 for it new.
          MySpace!

2003 Gibson LesPaul Standard(lightburst) JB bridge / Jazz neck

2001 Fender MIA stratocaster (3-tone sunburst)SH-6 DD bridge stock middle and neck

2004 ESP LTD Viper-400 (white) EMG-81 set

Marshall DSL50

Mesa-Boogie Traditional Rectifier slant cab loaded with V-30's

Comment

Originally posted by Brian110687
            I have a Mesa rectifier cab with V-30's. It's awesome. I'm so glad that i bought it. It costs around $900 for it new.
            Got mine for $800. It's the MSRP... I don't know how yours cost so much.... shipping? I hope.

Comment

i believe orange makes a 4X12 with v30's, but i could be wrong.......
              Godin SDXT - 59-ClassicStack-JB
              Martin D-15 - Fishman Neo-D
              Boss BD-2 - MXR dynacomp - Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 - Morley A/B/Y
              Crate VC-3112
              Brownsville NY J-Bass Copy
              Fender Bassman 60

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarist
                Got mine for $800. It's the MSRP... I don't know how yours cost so much.... shipping? I hope.
                I'm not exactly sure of the exact price that i paid, thats why i said "around $900." I got mine a little under a year ago, so my memory on the price isnt exactly perfect. I'm pretty sure that i paid the same as you.
                MySpace!

2001 Fender MIA stratocaster (3-tone sunburst)SH-6 DD bridge stock middle and neck

Marshall DSL50

Comment

MSRP is $800, what is street price? Is Boogie one of those companies where there is no discount? If so, I may be able to get a better deal on the Bogner. I'll have to hit GC tomorrow and check it out.
                  MY MUSIC

Comment

I have the Marshall AV1960 4X12 that has the V30s...Pricey but a great cab...How come no one has mentioned the Marshall cab?

John
                    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by RGN
                      Is Boogie one of those companies where there is no discount?
                      Yep, they dont allow for their products to be sold at discount values.
                      MySpace!

Marshall DSL50

Comment

ENGL vintage 30 quadbox! Built to last through nuclear war and sounds awesome too. Read all the reviews on harmony central, they all reakon its tougher than them all.

Ive got one too and its awesome, not a piece of plastic in sight everything is metal. Weighs a bit too at 50kg! Indestructable! and a decent price too compared to some of the mesas and bogners
                        My Soundclick page.

Comment

I just sold a Bogner 4-12 3 days ago. $750. I highly recommend those, if you can find one. The Marshall 1960AV (Slant, Vin 30) is the way to go for Marshall cabs.
                          You could also keep your current cab, sell off the G-75's, add a bit of money, and get it setup with Vin 30's. I've had good results leaving the G-75's on the bottom and installing just 2 Vin 30's on top. Then, you cover more frequencies.
                          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Gear-
                            I just checked on a Bogner 4X12. I can get one for $900 with any color covering I want. It will take 14 to 25 days to get built and sent to Dallas. Sound like a good deal. I guess I could order four Vintage 30s and throw them in my mint Genz-Benz 4X12. THe Genz-Benz is nails- it has a heavy metal grill which prevents speaker damage. Bogner will charge big bucks to put a metal grill on the cab.
                            MY MUSIC

Comment

Originally posted by BluesNRock87
                              i believe orange makes a 4X12 with v30's, but i could be wrong.......
                              Orange makes a 4x12 w/V30's.. but I heard they might be switching to Eminence soon.

I love my Laney 4x12 w/ V30's.. cost me $680 brand new a year or so ago.
                              -Alex

*Proud Owner and Player of Guage guitars, Warmoth guitars, and Orange amps*

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
                              I'm already wearing the costume, and Fredericks of Hollywood on the corset and also on the panties, which, of course, have the "convenience crotch".

Comment

Working...
                              X