Just got my Warmoth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got my Warmoth!

Well the body for my Warmoth just got here so now I wanna get the finish done before the neck and hardware gets here...SOOOO...

What's the easiest way to paint an alder Strat body just a plain, glossy white? Couldn't I just go to Home Depot and get a few cans of white spray?

I know I've asked it before but I need someone to jog my memory

Anyway, pics will be posted as I progress -- i'll get them up as soon as I can!

Thanks!

-X
    green globe burned black by sunn

Re: Just got my Warmoth!

You may want to read up here a bit:

ReRanch

It's a real good resource for guitar refinishing.

Comment

Ahhh yeah, that's the site i was lookin for...haha, i think you hooked me up with that link last time, Artie!

Thanks man.

Comment

Err having just read the tutorial there, I'm wondering if I really need to work THAT HARD...hahaha

I just want the guitar to be white, so couldn't I just fill the grain, get it to primer white, and then maybe a clear coat?

-X

Comment

Maybe butnut or Zerb can cover that. They're the ones that I know that actually do refinishing.

Comment

Now the trick is getting them to look at my post

Comment

You don't need to grain-fill alder.

You don't need to follow ReRanch 101 unless you want your guitar to look really good when you're done

Seriously, getting a showroom glossy finish on a guitar body is not an easy task.

Chip
              Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
              Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
              Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
              SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
              SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
              "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

here's some more painting tips as well... http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/tutorial5.htm

"Haste makes waste" is the most important thing to remember when doing something like this.. do it carefully and do it right. You spent all the money on a nice Warmoth body. Don't screw the pooch on the paint job.
                -Alex

*Proud Owner and Player of Guage guitars, Warmoth guitars, and Orange amps*

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
                I'm already wearing the costume, and Fredericks of Hollywood on the corset and also on the panties, which, of course, have the "convenience crotch".

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets
                  Now the trick is getting them to look at my post

How about a PM?

Comment

I just pay Warmoth the $165 to do it for me, they do it right the first time and I don't have to worry about it.

Comment

I'd avoid the stuff you get at the hardware store. I painted my old guitar that way - with hardware store lacquer, and even after hanging in my closet for a month to "cure" it was still soft enough to pick up carpet marks when i put it on the floor.

Get some re-ranch stuff. If you're serious about doing this right.

Comment

lol, my silver guitar I painted w/ stuff from home depot. Same w/ my g/fs guitar and it turned out great. I'll have to post some pics. (when its done, I'm still modding it for her.)
                        This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Working...
                        X