Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, guys. I currently have a squier practice amp with an 8 ohm line out. I have enough money for an avatar cab if my parents help me buy it (as a birthday gift). I want a head next but won't have enough money for about 6 months. Will my amp run through an avatar 4x12 at 8 ohms or do I need something else?

Thanks.
    Squier Strat (JB Jr.)
    Peavey Valve King 1x12
    Ibanez PF15CE Acoustic/Electric

Re: avatar 4x12

is it an ext. speaker or a line out?
    Originally posted by krankguitarist
    And I *really* wouldn't lop Affliction and Ed Hardy in the same category. Affliction stuff can have a sense of subtlety to it.

Comment

It says "ext. speaker, 8ohm, 15 watts"
      Squier Strat (JB Jr.)
      Peavey Valve King 1x12

Comment

you could run the 4x12, but I personallythink 15 solid state watts are pointless into a 4x12. I could work, but You can improve your sound and volume by using the 400 bucks to buy a nice combo.

Comment

It's not that I wanna keep my squier combo- because I don't. I just wanna buy the cab now and have something to use with it until I purchase a head. I don't want it to sit in my room with no way to use it for 6 months.

Thanks for the help.

Peace.
          Squier Strat (JB Jr.)
          Peavey Valve King 1x12

Comment

but do you really need 4x12?.. especially with what you have planned?

im running a sovtek mig-60 head into an avatar 2x12 at the moment and the rig sounds killer and is LOUD!!!

but if your only playing at home or even just jamming around in a room i suggest you getting a 2x12 combo at max to start out with, i think your parents and your neighbors will appreciate it in the long run

as far as running your squier through a 4x12, it would work, but would be pointless. its like buying a corvette while having no license

my suggestion is to save that $400 or so for a nice combo

Comment

Working...
            X