Marshall JCM 800 MKII 2203 Amp Head Artist Owned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall JCM 800 MKII 2203 Amp Head Artist Owned

Any thoughts on this amp? I see it has 4 inputs , I though that there were only JCM 800 2203, 2204, 2205, and 2210 What's this one? Also how much BS is the description? Discuss amongst yourselves and friends on the SD forum
    Description

in excellent condition, back panel was removed for ease of on road servicing, we now do not know where it is, used by Rich Robinson & The Black Crowes, in top operational shape, no crackles etc, superb amp, discontinued in 1990 & reissued in 2003, this example dates from 1990 so is one of the original issue, TBC bar code ID tag to the rear of the amp, the 'A' written on duck tape denotes this amps position in the backline, shipping 7 insurance at cost on receipt of your zip, thanks for looking
    2001 MIA Strat Sunburst w/maple neck. Hot Rails (b), Vintage Rails (m), Cool Rails (n). 2003 MIA Deluxe Fat Strat Sunburst w/maple neck.

Re: Marshall JCM 800 MKII 2203 Amp Head Artist Owned

Originally posted by FenderBoy
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Any thoughts on this amp? I see it has 4 inputs , I though that there were only JCM 800 2203, 2204, 2205, and 2210 What's this one? Also how much BS is the description? Discuss amongst yourselves and friends on the SD forum
    Description

in excellent condition, back panel was removed for ease of on road servicing, we now do not know where it is, used by Rich Robinson & The Black Crowes, in top operational shape, no crackles etc, superb amp, discontinued in 1990 & reissued in 2003, this example dates from 1990 so is one of the original issue, TBC bar code ID tag to the rear of the amp, the 'A' written on duck tape denotes this amps position in the backline, shipping 7 insurance at cost on receipt of your zip, thanks for looking
    That's not actually the 2203 model because it's not a master volume 2 input head...That's actually a later 100 watt 1959 non-master volume head...Great head actually...The 2203 isn't a 4 input Marshall and has only 2 inputs and master volume...

John
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Thanks a lot John for the info. I thought that during the 80's that Marshall only made the 2203, 2204, 2205 and 2210 (as far as Head models are concerned) I guess they made this one also. It seems like a fair enough price, seeing with the high prices on 20 year old Marshall heads lately. Non- Master volume is pretty scary to me though. I'd never, ever put it louder that "1" without an attenuater.
      2001 MIA Strat Sunburst w/maple neck. Hot Rails (b), Vintage Rails (m), Cool Rails (n). 2003 MIA Deluxe Fat Strat Sunburst w/maple neck.

Comment

Originally posted by FenderBoy
        Thanks a lot John for the info. I thought that during the 80's that Marshall only made the 2203, 2204, 2205 and 2210 (as far as Head models are concerned) I guess they made this one also. It seems like a fair enough price, seeing with the high prices on 20 year old Marshall heads lately. Non- Master volume is pretty scary to me though. I'd never, ever put it louder that "1" without an attenuater.
        I prefer the older Non-master volume Marshalls and I use an early 70s 50 watt head with pedals...It's just so much warmer sounding and almost does the Fender clean thing...The master volume heads give up the cleaner,warmer tones for more gain,plus the 800 series is very bright..

John
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Working...
        X