Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a OD/Distortion pedal....

Hey Guys!

I have been busy with school ending and with my amp which sound AWESOME, so i havent been on the forum in almost a month! Anyways, im looking for a pedal that has a focused, smooth, lead oriented sound with a great warm mid range and musical tone. Tube Screamer? Something to turn my Les Paul with PAF style pickups into a smooth, sweet, solo machine when i turn it on. Thanks guys!
    EBMM H-S-H Silhouette

Gibson Les Paul Studio

Fender MIM Stratocaster

Bogner Goldfinger 45 1x12 Combo

Re: Looking for a OD/Distortion pedal....

Originally posted by Maximusgordon 2.0
    Hey Guys!

I have been busy with school ending and with my amp which sound AWESOME, so i havent been on the forum in almost a month! Anyways, im looking for a pedal that has a focused, smooth, lead oriented sound with a great warm mid range and musical tone. Tube Screamer? Something to turn my Les Paul with PAF style pickups into a smooth, sweet, solo machine when i turn it on. Thanks guys!
    The reissue Ibanez TS808 is really great right out of the box or you could get a TS9 cheaper and have it modded...

John
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
      The reissue Ibanez TS808 is really great right out of the box or you could get a TS9 cheaper and have it modded...

John
      Well, isn't it obvious with the "..." following the TS9 modded part?!?!? Do it!

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarist
        Well, isn't it obvious with the "..." following the TS9 modded part?!?!? Do it!
        Change the TS9s TS 57778 opamp over to either the the JRC4558D or the RC 4558P chip and change 2 resistors in the TS9s output stage and you have the 808...Go a bit further and tweak the circuit and you get more lows and more gain..

John
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I highly suggest you should also try the old Boss OD-1 if you can find one...great stompbox and challenges TS808...
          90' Heritage H-147 w/Schaller Golden 50's
          99' USA Fender Stratocaster
          96' Fender Montara Electric/Acoustic
          79' Fender Twin Reverb 135W w/JBL's + Line 6 DM-4 + Boss OD-1 Overdrive + MXR DynaComp + Boss CH-1 Super Chorus + Jim Dunlop Crybaby

Comment

Working...
          X