Heritage 535 Special - PICS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Heritage 535 Special - PICS

another Heritage quality!!!Heritage guitars are made for quality & playing...they're much more affordable and have great value over Gibson's...I haven't got issues with Gibsons they're also pretty but I'm talking about the older ones that were built in the Kalamazoo factory in Michigan(Heritage Factory now)I think the newer Gibsons don't deserve their price because they don't have that exceptional quality back in the old days...On the other hand Heritage guitars continued making high quality instruments at the Kalamazoo factory and with their affordable prices they're clearly winner...I'll post my H-147's photos as soon as I could take some pictures...Great guitars Heritage thank you...
    90' Heritage H-147 w/Schaller Golden 50's
    99' USA Fender Stratocaster
    96' Fender Montara Electric/Acoustic
    79' Fender Twin Reverb 135W w/JBL's + Line 6 DM-4 + Boss OD-1 Overdrive + MXR DynaComp + Boss CH-1 Super Chorus + Jim Dunlop Crybaby

Comment

Just couldnt' help posting my pic and telling all of you how great a guitar that Heritage builds.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

nice! very classy guitar scott
        Fender Twin w/ Weber Speakers, keeley ts-9, RMC2 wah, EB MusicMan Axis Sport w/ p-90's, Heritage Les Paul (HC150) Custom Order w/ AIIpro/Custom shop bridge, various accoustics

Comment

Well, as long as we're showing of our 535's I gotta add mine!!!

Comment

Scott and RiffRaff (and also Fresh Start),

Those are some very classy H535's nice, very nice!!
            But why have an imitation when you can have the real thing - my '68 ES335!!

Normans Guitars

Comment

Very nice Norman! If I could have found a nice 335 I probably would have bought one but all the new models I tried just weren't up to snuff.... I went back and played the Heritage several times before buying it and each time it just felt, played and sounded better than the Gibby's I tried.

Comment

Originally posted by Norman_T

Hey Norm, no offence but i look at your 335 and RiffRaffs 535, and Riffs got the warmest, multi-dimensional top i've ever seen!

Face it bro - Heritage guitars are no imitation, this is the revolution. This is the real deal.
                my youtubes Instagram Medium blog
                A few original tunes: "The Grand Eclipse" and "Timeless Moments"

Comment

Originally posted by Norman_T

Norman........ will you sell me your '68 ES 335 for what I paid for the Heritage? Or just a straight up trade? Hmmm, I thought you would say that

Frankly, after going on a tour of the Gibson factory in Memphis where they make the 335's now, I wouldn't hesitate to take a Heritage over a current production Gibson 335 - even if they were the same price. I was really un-impressed by the quality control and the assembly line feel of the place. The tour guide told us that 10-15% of the guitars get pulled off the line for flaws, but most of those are "fixed" and the guitars get sold just the ones that were "right" to begin with. That's a crappy percentage in my book.

Maybe a Custom Shop 335 would be... AWESOME! but that wasn't in the cards for me. Neither was a good quality vintage 335 from the '60s...

My only real beef about the Heritage guitars is the look of the headstock. Fortunately, the headstock binding dresses it up nicely to my eyes. Oh, I'm still not sure about that Schaller roller TOM unless you've got a Bigsby tremelo, but Jay Wolfe takes care of that problem.

Chip
                  Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
                  Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
                  Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
                  SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
                  SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
                  "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

you can custom order just about any TOM on a heritage. I got tonepros installed at the factory (which they do all the time BTW)
                    Fender Twin w/ Weber Speakers, keeley ts-9, RMC2 wah, EB MusicMan Axis Sport w/ p-90's, Heritage Les Paul (HC150) Custom Order w/ AIIpro/Custom shop bridge, various accoustics

Comment

Very sweet. Correct me if I'm wrong but the top and back look like single pieces, very nice!

Comment

Working...
                      X