Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: More ESP Ripoffs.....

Originally posted by kill your scene
    Every company that's not Gibson or Fender meets your criteria for "ripoff" so get off ESP's ass.

is bc rich a rip-of company? no

is jackson? no

is esp? yes

jackson stays true to themselves and doesnt follow the bandwagon. im sure their working on a great bass design now.
    we can be heroes

Comment

To be fair here, it's not easy to create an original design. There are always problems of the guitar not balancing right or fitting a person't body shape comfortably. ESPs guitar has a smoother body and the longer horn doesn't move in or anything. Jackson's has an edgier approach with the longer horn pointing just slightly inward (look at the end). You can argue that they're similar, but they aren't exactly the same. A good bass is a good bass, that's all that matters in the end.
      Originally posted by kevlar3000
      I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
      Originally posted by Zerberus
      Better is often the enemy of good
      Originally posted by ginormous
      Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

EVERYBODY ripped off Fender & Gibson. Ok, so a Jackson Soloist, ESP M-II, Ibanez RG, Washburn this, Yamaha that, etc... has a slightly different body shape than a Strat. They all have 2 humbucker models, so they apparently all ripped off Gibson there. Honestly, how much innovation do we really want? If every new company had to come up with a totally different design, we'd end up with some really stupid stuff. Its the same in every business.

As far as the Jackson vs. ESP deal goes, if I could afford either company's high end stuff, I may say differently, but as far as affordable stuff goes, ESP totally blows Jackson away. I know there are good ones to be had from either company, but the cheap ESPs seem to be more consistent, as far as being a cheap guitar that doesn't feel or sound cheap.
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

thats things ugly as all hell to begin with
          Originally posted by Aceman
          It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by castiron
            is bc rich a rip-of company? no

is jackson? no

is esp? yes

jackson stays true to themselves and doesnt follow the bandwagon. im sure their working on a great bass design now.

every single company except gibson and fender is a rip off company. including jackson. you cant possible say that their main guitar shape is not inspired by the double horns of the strat
            esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
            fender mim standard strat
            peavey classic 30
            johnson j-station
            original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
            dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
            yamaha f-310p acoustic
            taylor 410 acoustic
            "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
              ESP is the mother of stealing other companies guitar shapes... they didnt do anything on their own.. wait, they did.. the devil girl.. >.< i dont need to say anything more, do i?

gibson sued them for using the explorer shape, but then they made it a bit pointier and pretty much screwed up the shape so that it looks just wrong, just to keep selling them

ESP just has the bigger endorsement fund.. so they can afford ripping off other manufacturers, cos people will buy them for the same reason they buy ibanez guitars.. cos well known people play them. doesnt matter if it suits their needs or not and there are a couple of people getting them for themselves, not just cos vai or whoever rips on it
              ESP has also been sued by Fender, Jackson, PRS and numerous others for trademark infringement BTW. Getting sued seems to be one of the things they do best

Originally posted by xerxes
              every single company except gibson and fender is a rip off company. including jackson. you cant possible say that their main guitar shape is not inspired by the double horns of the strat
              Yes I can. The shape that jackson was built on was the "concorde" aka. Randy Rhoads. The shape is inspired, if anything, by the Flying V :fing25:
              Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

hey dime, yahoo.
                This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus

Yes I can. The shape that jackson was built on was the "concorde" aka. Randy Rhoads. The shape is inspired, if anything, by the Flying V :fing25:

when i said main guitar shape i had the soloist/dinky shape in mind.

but then again, they took the rhoads shape from the v....
                  esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
                  fender mim standard strat
                  peavey classic 30
                  johnson j-station
                  original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
                  dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
                  yamaha f-310p acoustic
                  taylor 410 acoustic
                  "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Originally posted by xerxes
                    when i said main guitar shape i had the soloist/dinky shape in mind.

but then again, they took the rhoads shape from the v....
                    wrong, they took the rhoads shape from rhoads.. it doesnt matter what he based it on ..

Comment

The most important is, if you like a guitar you buy it. The built quality is more important than who copys who. When jackson took the strat shape for the soloist, for some was an improvement and for some didn't. So when a company produces a model based on another, you check if they do it better or worse (of course that's subjective). I like both of these companies. Don't forget that behind these sueings are big economic interests. Big Japanese companies invaded in the american market and the american companies don't like this at all (I read it somewhere). Sorry for any mistakes in my english.
                      Me(n)tal Distortion

Comment

Working...
                      X