• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonny R
    replied
    Re: waht wah???

I have the Bad Horsie v1.0

It's a good pedal, really handy if you want to throw in really brief bits of wah.

It's not a vintage sound, but it's a great modern sounding wah. I really like it for using in distorted leads. But it's not great for funky stuff

Leave a comment:

• 59paul
    replied

I'm partial to my old, beat up CryBaby's.

Leave a comment:

• gordon_39422
    replied

I own the Bad Horsie II and have developed a love/hate relationship with it. 1) It is flexible, especially with the contour mode, but it still lacks something in the vintage department. 2) The spring action and electro-optical controls return the pedal to the toe-up position and bypass mode eliminating the possibility to use it as a filter. That being said, I LOVE the steady response. Unlike some of the more traditional pedals I used, the sweep is exponential and consitent. You dont have those deadspots found in some pot-driven wahs. The contour mode is also very useful. It really lets you tap in to some awesome tones even when heavily driven. I have always wanted to own a Teese, and will someday. Until then, I have to hunt for the best affordable deals without sacrificing tone. The Bad Horsie II did it for me, but that is MHO.

Leave a comment:

• Lewguitar
    Guest replied

Originally posted by sooperunkn
    I just got my Fulltone Clyde Deluxe (finally) and I love it! Great versatility, dead-on Hendrix/Clapton tones, and true-bypass!!! I haven't played a Teese but I understand they're pretty similar. The Fulltone has a larger sweep which is cool. I played a Bad Horsie 2 but the tone is way too modern for me. I do like the fact that it uses an optical sensor to control the it, which means there are no moving parts to crap out on you! I just wish they made a vintage tone model. You also can't leave the pedal on as a filter... once you remove your foot it shuts off.

My thought is if you can afford a true-bypass wah then do it. Wah pedals in general are notorious tone suckers and TB is sooooo worth it! I hear Dunlop recently came out with a semi-affordable true-bypass wah.

Or you can get a standard one and let StratDeluxer mod it for you!!!!
    This man speaks the truth! I've owned a jillion wahs and still have three old Vox wahs, but the Fulltone is the one that gets used. The clean boost function is very cool too! Lew

Leave a comment:

• sooperunkn
    replied

I just got my Fulltone Clyde Deluxe (finally) and I love it! Great versatility, dead-on Hendrix/Clapton tones, and true-bypass!!! I haven't played a Teese but I understand they're pretty similar. The Fulltone has a larger sweep which is cool. I played a Bad Horsie 2 but the tone is way too modern for me. I do like the fact that it uses an optical sensor to control the it, which means there are no moving parts to crap out on you! I just wish they made a vintage tone model. You also can't leave the pedal on as a filter... once you remove your foot it shuts off.

My thought is if you can afford a true-bypass wah then do it. Wah pedals in general are notorious tone suckers and TB is sooooo worth it! I hear Dunlop recently came out with a semi-affordable true-bypass wah.

Or you can get a standard one and let StratDeluxer mod it for you!!!!

Leave a comment:

• STRATDELUXER97
    replied

Originally posted by Guitarist
    You're telling me!! I remember when you recommended that to me, all was well reading the specs and whatnot, until I got to the price tag!

Anyway, the 535Q is awesome, and so is the CFH. I got one of those and it shreds!! Variable Q knob on both, meaning getting from sharp abrupt attacks to smooth wide voicings. Awesome!
    You get what you pay for...."sometimes"
    Teese really has the whole Clyde McCoy wah tones that I grew up listening to...Really nailed....Teese was doing this long before Fulltone,but I don't know much about the Fulltone wah...If Lew likes it then I'd probably like it also...My experience with Mike wasn't the most pleasant so....

John

Leave a comment:

• Guitarist
    replied

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
    And we have to mention the Teese wahs again...Great stuff(Pricey though)!

John
    You're telling me!! I remember when you recommended that to me, all was well reading the specs and whatnot, until I got to the price tag!

Anyway, the 535Q is awesome, and so is the CFH. I got one of those and it shreds!! Variable Q knob on both, meaning getting from sharp abrupt attacks to smooth wide voicings. Awesome!

Leave a comment:

• I Rock So Hard
    replied

I have the Morley Bad Horsie 2 ("VAI-2"). I like it because it is more modern sounding. I don't go for the old fashioned sounds. The BH2 is on your face and pronounced. I never use the Contour button/knob. So I suppose a Bad Horsie 1 would suffice for me.

Leave a comment:

• BluesNRock87
    replied

if u really want great wah tone, find a vintage one, i hear fulltone is one of the best for current production.

ui could also mod/have modded the **** outta a vox or dunlop

Leave a comment:

• STRATDELUXER97
    replied

And we have to mention the Teese wahs again...Great stuff(Pricey though)!

John

Leave a comment:

• Lewguitar
    Guest replied

If you've got the bones for the tones, I think the Fulltone Clyde Deluxe is unbeatable. Especially with a Fulltone '69 pushing it.

Amazingly great Hendrix tones.

Lew

Leave a comment:

• shred me good
    replied

ah so thats 1 for the morley!!
    ive played a pro II seriese wah. how dus the bad horsie compare?

Leave a comment:

• FenderBoy
    replied

The Dunlop GCB-95 wah wah is pretty common and inexpensive but it also suck a lot of tone out of your signal

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied

There are tons of models and all have their good and bad points. Generally, the Morley's are a little more of a "modern" sound while the Dunlop's have a more "classic funk" vibe.

Then there's Vox, Teese, Budda...

Leave a comment:

• rraawwrr
    replied

Wah pedals are something you need to try yourself. Obviously, Vai and Satch like their respective the pedals the best because, they just prefer them, and are endorsed to boot. You should try going to a local music store, and try out as many as you can, from all brands. You never know which ones you'll love and which ones you'll hate.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X