banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommend me a killer sounding acoustic for a good price. (used)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Recommend me a killer sounding acoustic for a good price. (used)

you could probably find a decent takamine for that price if you looked hard...

never played one that didn't sound good at any price range....
    Originally posted by jeremy
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Killer sound and 200 to 300 at the same time are not going to happen. Be realistic If you want a guitar that sounds good and is solid wood construction it will cost 500. and up. If you want a guitar that is road worthy consider laminated back and sides with a solid top. The laminated back and sides will hold up better in variable weather conditions. Consider a Yamaha, they are very sound guitars. They play well and are reasonable @ about 250. But as far as Killer sound goes they dont have it, but nothing in this price range does! IF you can go up to about 500. get a Guild. Guild guitars are one of the most underrated guitars out there. The sound great, the are well made, and are extremly dependable.
      "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
      "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

The Taylor Big Baby is pretty close to $300 if I remember correctly. They sound great and seem pretty durable.
        My Bands -
        https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
        www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
        www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
        GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

ooooh, man, if you can find a D-15 for that price (or approx) you'd be quite a lucky guy! That's easily the nicest sounding acoustic, to my taste anyway, I've ever picked up.

I wanna +1 for the Ibanez acoustics too. They were a bit bright sounding I've found, but they feel and play like really solid instruments. You know that feeling you get when you pick up an acoustic and it just feels floppity and flimsy? You won't find that with the Ibanezes... "artwood" was the model I think, if I remember correctly.

Comment

thanks a lot guys. i think i'm going to buy that guitar on ebay.... i talked to the guy and he didn't no much about guitar. i told him to look at the soundhole and see if it was ply or solid, and he said it was solid. i believe him because other gutiars like that one are... i think it's a really good deal if i can get it for really cheap. if i don't liek it, i'll just fix the saddle and sell it with a better description and more information. i win both ways

Comment

so what is todays current best bang for the buck acoustic under 300 dollars

Comment

I cannot really recommend any of the ones I have played that are priced under $300. The closest I can get to your price and offer a recommendation is the Carvin C250S ($379 with hard shell case). I have played it. It sounds full and not tinny like some others. However, I am sure there are some great sub $300 dollar guitars out there. I like the Carvins because of the quality hardware used and the fit and finish are above most of the competition in their price range. They sound decent. I own a C850T and really like it. My GA8es Taylor sounds better, I also paid 4 times more for it than the Carvin. But the Carvin always gets praise when I play it.

The only drawback is I always recommend you play a guitar before you buy it. Carvin does give you a time period to use the guitar and return it if you do not like it. Its a hassle to do this. I would see if U can find a guitar in a local store that makes your ear happy and your wallet too.

The Kiesel Guitars Custom Shop makes pro quality guitars, basses, pickups and accessories for musicians of all levels. Made in the USA, ...
                Last edited by briggleman; 10-25-2010, 08:58 AM.

Comment

At that price range, the back and sides will be laminated. A Seagull will $300 to $400, but well made of cherry with a cedar top in Canada or New Hampshire. The baby Taylor is laminated and not American made. The D-15 is going to be closer to
                  $500-$600, but a great all mahogany choice. The Ibanez guitars are surprisingly well made and dirt cheap. I didn't like the cheap Taks.

Comment

Take a blindfold and your billfold to the store.

Put the blindfold on.

Ask the store clerk to hand you every guitar in your price range.

Pick your new guitar.

Buy it.
                    my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Studiobuddy View Post
                      so what is todays current best bang for the buck acoustic under 300 dollars
                      Generally speaking, I would say anything made by the group of Godin sister companies. This includes

- Art & Luthery
                      - Simon Patrick
                      - Seagul
                      - Norman

Most guitars in those brands tend to be good bang for buck.
                      - Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

Comment

I have one of the Art and Lutherie folk guitars. WAY louder and warmer than you'd think for three hundred bones.
                        - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
                        Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
                        The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

Dude, the only way to go about buying an acoustic is to go to a store that sells used and new acoustics and try everything that's close to your price range. Then pick the one you want and throw down the mulah.
                          Gear:
                          Fender '03 CIJ Antigua Strat
                          Epi Dot Natural
                          Partscaster blackie
                          Breedlove Passport Mahogany
                          VOX V845 -> MXR Blue Box -> Boss CS-3 -> MXR Phase 90 -> Paul C. Tim OD -> Fulltone Plimsoul -> Boss CE-3 -> EHX Memory Toy -> SD Deja Vu Delay >
                          Marshall Artist 30 4202 or Bugera V5

I WORK FOR GC, IF YOU NEED A DEAL PM ME!!!

Comment

The cheapest Taylors usually sound as good or better than most brand's midlines.

Get a used Taylor 110.
                            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
                              Take a blindfold and your billfold to the store.

Put the blindfold on.

Ask the store clerk to hand you every guitar in your price range.

Pick your new guitar.

Buy it.
                              +1

Just play everything in your price range and don't worry what name is on the headstock.
                              I only know 3 chords but I play 'em real good

Tokai 335 ~ Seth Lover
                              MIJ Fender Stratocaster ~ SSL-1 Californian Set
                              Gretsch Electromatic ~ GFS NYII & NYIII
                              MIM Fender Tele ~ Quarter Pounder and Hot Tele Tapped
                              Tokai MIJ SG - Gibson 57
                              Tokai MIJ LP - Pearly Gates
                              K.Yairi Gordon Giltrap Signature

Comment

How about an Epi Masterbuilt?

Comment

Working...
                                X