REVIEW: fender tc-90 thinline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REVIEW: fender tc-90 thinline

Discover the sound of Fender, the spirit of rock-n-roll since 1946. Shop Fender guitars, basses, amplifiers, audio equipment, accessories, apparel and more.

that guitar

anyway, my teach just got one, so i tried it out.

looks
    the color and the finish are imaculate. his has a nice black-red burst type thing going on, with the wood showing through. it looks very nice. the double equal length horns look a little weird to my eyes, but they arent to bad. also, the inlay looks very nice (i think its abalone, its the same as one the 50th b-day one). the matching painted headstock finishes off the looks, and does it very very well.

playability
    the neck is very nice, sat in my hands very well and was nice and fast. the body felt a little funny, however. i really couldnt get it to rest nicely while sitting down. it would rest nicely, but it continuely felt like the bottom horn was trying to push me down. lost some points here.

sound
    the p-90 duncan designed pups are killer! holy cow, i was getting a terrific blues sound as well as jazz, and with the gain turned up, the soloing was terrific classic rock type stuff. basically, nomatter how i put the tone nobs, i coudlnt get a bad sound. great sound, got a lot of points here.

overall rating
    8.5 out of 10 only because the body was so uncomfortable. my advise to fender, make a tele or strat with these pups, and this will be a dream guitar for many.
    esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
    fender mim standard strat
    peavey classic 30
    johnson j-station
    original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
    dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
    yamaha f-310p acoustic
    taylor 410 acoustic
    "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Re: REVIEW: fender tc-90 thinline

Originally posted by xerxes
    only because the body was so uncomfortable. my advise to fender, make a tele or strat with these pups, and this will be a dream guitar for many.
    That's exactly what I thought about 'em. The specs and sound of the guitar are great.. it's just that pug-fugly body.
    -Alex

*Proud Owner and Player of Guage guitars, Warmoth guitars, and Orange amps*

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
    I'm already wearing the costume, and Fredericks of Hollywood on the corset and also on the panties, which, of course, have the "convenience crotch".

Comment

if it was a strat shape, i would get one tomarro
      peavey classic 30
      johnson j-station
      yamaha f-310p acoustic
      taylor 410 acoustic
      "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

I can't to try one of these out!! I think they look HOT!

Comment

I like 'em too. Is it Korean or US made?
          My Bands -
          https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
          www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
          www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
          GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

korean
            peavey classic 30
            johnson j-station
            yamaha f-310p acoustic
            taylor 410 acoustic

Comment

Fender does make a strat with 2 p90s, stop tail, and chambered mahogany body ( no f holes). Can't remember the name but i would prefer that one to the tc-90.

Comment

Working...
              X