banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRS Owners - how long is your neck tenon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS Owners - how long is your neck tenon?

Hey guys,
    I was just catching up on some crazy emails, and some buddy of mine was asking me how long my neck tenon was on my PRS Cu22. I checked and mine is a long tenon (actually almost all the way through the neck pup cavity. the neck pup mounts to it). Is that true for all models? I figure that most of us have seen under there in the process of changing pups.
    Fender Twin w/ Weber Speakers, keeley ts-9, RMC2 wah, EB MusicMan Axis Sport w/ p-90's, Heritage Les Paul (HC150) Custom Order w/ AIIpro/Custom shop bridge, various accoustics

Re: PRS Owners - how long is your neck tenon?

Originally posted by kaknight
    Hey guys,
    I was just catching up on some crazy emails, and some buddy of mine was asking me how long my neck tenon was on my PRS Cu22. I checked and mine is a long tenon (actually almost all the way through the neck pup cavity. the neck pup mounts to it). Is that true for all models? I figure that most of us have seen under there in the process of changing pups.
    yup, same with mine, i have a CE 22, the bolt on one

Comment

Hey guys,
      I have an LP and am selling two Deans for an SG and hope to buy a Cu22 soon so it is nice to know the neck joint is made so well. Does it seem tight?

How is the chunk on that guitar? Thisck and full? I'll have to get out and play more.

Comment

It's a nice guitar. Very full sounding! Mine is one of the earlier ones (95 or 96 cant remember), so I don't know how it compares to the newer one. I am actually selling mine to help pay for college tuition in the fall. I'll miss it a lot.
        Fender Twin w/ Weber Speakers, keeley ts-9, RMC2 wah, EB MusicMan Axis Sport w/ p-90's, Heritage Les Paul (HC150) Custom Order w/ AIIpro/Custom shop bridge, various accoustics

Comment

my prs is made of a really nice piece of mahogony body wood, and even though it's a bolt on neck guitar, it sustains for DAYS. It has better sustain than my buddy's lp classic! The long neck tenon helps too...

Comment

all prs's have longer neck tennons, and the pickups all mount to the neck. i dont know about the korean models but the usa ones are.

Comment

It's a nice guitar. Very full sounding! Mine is one of the earlier ones (95 or 96 cant remember), so I don't know how it compares to the newer one. I am actually selling mine to help pay for college tuition in the fall. I'll miss it a lot.
              Are you interested in selling to me? I may be interested. Feel free to send me an email

Thanks,
              Rich

Comment

bump.

Comment

papersoul, I just PMed you with some info about the guitar!

Comment

Working...
                  X