Second Warmoth LPS complete!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Warmoth LPS complete!

Finally got my double cream Custom Custom and Seth, so I was able to finish up my second Warmoth LPS. It's definately got a different sound than my C5/'59 equipped Korina LPS... much closer to a Gibson Les Paul sound, but it seems to cut better than a LP.

Anyways, here's some pics. They're pretty small, but I didn't want to have huge filesizes.

-Alex

*Proud Owner and Player of Guage guitars, Warmoth guitars, and Orange amps*

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
    I'm already wearing the costume, and Fredericks of Hollywood on the corset and also on the panties, which, of course, have the "convenience crotch".

Re: Second Warmoth LPS complete!

ooooooooooo pretty

Comment

she's purrrrrrty...

Comment

very nice ... is that koa?

I have a mahogany/ koa top LPS carved top hanging on my wall unfinished, but with nice wood
        "music heals"
        facebook

Comment

Purty. Any pics of the korina one?
          This machine kills fascists

Comment

Whoa, you're giving me Warmoth GAS! I always wanted to build a carved top LPS with a 25.5 neck. I thought it would be like a Les Paul with better definition and clarity.

Curly, hurry up and get that carved top done so I can lust after it too

Comment

Originally posted by Curly
              very nice ... is that koa?

I have a mahogany/ koa top LPS carved top hanging on my wall unfinished, but with nice wood
              Yup, flamed Koa top and back. Got it from the "Warmoth Showcase" (formerly "Thrift Shop") for $200 back in March.

Originally posted by MattPete
              Purty. Any pics of the korina one?
              Certainly.

Black Korina back with a flamed Walnut top.
              -Alex

I'm already wearing the costume, and Fredericks of Hollywood on the corset and also on the panties, which, of course, have the "convenience crotch".

Comment

nice work fatty

i hope to be adding to your colleciton shortly
                enjoy that killer guitar buddy
                Custom Guitar Builder - PM me if you're interested.
                Check out the new website and see the progress of felow forumites' guitars
                www.gaugeguitars.com
                Cheers!

Comment

I realise they have different pickups, but what do you think of the sonic difference between the all-koa and the kornia/koa one?
                  This machine kills fascists

Comment

Originally posted by MattPete
                    I realise they have different pickups, but what do you think of the sonic difference between the all-koa and the kornia/koa one?
                    Acoustically, the Koa one sounds more "jangly" than the Korina one. The Korina LPS sounds rounder and more woody. The Koa one does have a TonePros Tune-o-matic though, whereas the Korina one is string-thru.

Plugged in, the Korina one seems to have a bit more of a bottom end. (Again, it could be attributed to the pickups.. the Custom Custom in the Koa LPS is supposedly more mid-range focused. )
                    -Alex

Comment

dont want to hijack, but is that strat in the pick a hb/p90? tell me about that one !

u also have 2 amazingly nice lps, real lookers, both of them
                      Godin SDXT - 59-ClassicStack-JB
                      Martin D-15 - Fishman Neo-D
                      Boss BD-2 - MXR dynacomp - Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 - Morley A/B/Y
                      Crate VC-3112
                      Brownsville NY J-Bass Copy
                      Fender Bassman 60

Comment

Originally posted by BluesNRock87
                        dont want to hijack, but is that strat in the pick a hb/p90? tell me about that one !

u also have 2 amazingly nice lps, real lookers, both of them
                        Yup, Jazz humbucker / Custom P-90. The cleans with both the Jazz and the Custom sound quite good (very woody sounding), but the real strength of the guitar is the P-90 in the bridge under some gain. I'd almost venture to say it's chunkier than a humbucker, but each note comes through clear as day. It's basically a classic rock sound on steroids. I love just cranking it and rocking out.
                        -Alex

Comment

Wow, love the Koa...probably came from here. And yeah, a P90 Strat is very kool...Puckboy has my only P90'd axe, I'm gonna have to try doing a Tele with that bad boy too. Nice collection ya got going there...

Gibson KS 336, LP Standard, Special and Customs
                          Bogner, Orange, Tech 21 and Fender amps
                          Celestion speakers
                          Duncan, Bare Knuckle, WCR and Gibson pups
                          Too many pedals....

Comment

Were you the one who was using an ebony on wenge neck, or was that someone else? One of these days, I'm going to make a Warmoth Tele with P-90's, and I was thinking of going with ebony on wenge for the neck.

Ryan
                            Originally posted by JOLLY
                            I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Originally posted by rspst14
                              Were you the one who was using an ebony on wenge neck, or was that someone else? One of these days, I'm going to make a Warmoth Tele with P-90's, and I was thinking of going with ebony on wenge for the neck.

Ryan
                              That was me. The neck on my P-90 equipped Strat is Wenge with a brazillian rosewood fretboard, and the neck on my Korina LPS is Wenge with an Ebony fretboard. The Ebony definately seems to give it a brighter tone, both acoustically and amped.

Compared to other P-90 eqiupped guitars, my strat seems to have a nicer midrange tone. It could be the Wenge neck, or one of many other factors. The unfinished Wenge does look and feel very nice though.. and it's a great conversation piece
                              -Alex

Comment

Working...
                              X