The importance of a good cord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The importance of a good cord

I just feel that this it is good to tell. My old cables just broke with time and I have being replacing them with normal quality ones. Yesterday I bought one hight quality one and the tone it is just amazing!! More detailed and clear. I am going to replace all my cords.

I think cords and strings are those things that it is no worth buying a bad quality ones. If you buy bad ones you save money but loss tone!!

In Spain the price of a high quality cord of 3 meter (10 feet) it is about 25 euro (30$). And it is the double of a normal cord, not worthy to save the money.

Re: The importance of a good cord

Preach on!

High quality cords are half the battle. So you have great equipment? Awesome. However, if the link between your equipment is crap, guess what it's going to sound like?
    Originally posted by kevlar3000
    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
    Originally posted by Zerberus
    Better is often the enemy of good
    Originally posted by ginormous
    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by mongrollo
      I just feel that this it is good to tell. My old cables just broke with time and I have being replacing them with normal quality ones. Yesterday I bought one hight quality one and the tone it is just amazing!! More detailed and clear. I am going to replace all my cords.

I think cords and strings are those things that it is no worth buying a bad quality ones. If you buy bad ones you save money but loss tone!!

In Spain the price of a high quality cord of 3 meter (10 feet) it is about 25 euro (30$). And it is the double of a normal cord, not worthy to save the money.
      Some pros are so anal about their tone that they will not go wireless because they feel the wireless doesn't sound as good as their high quality cables...I've been sold on the George L cables since they came out...Best cable for the price...Very articulate and clear notes and a leaning towards being a bit brighter than some of the cables I've used in the past...Guitar Player voted George Ls #1 in tone when they came out...My Shure UHF "Guitarist" wireless also sounds pretty darn close in tonal quality to the George L....

John
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I bought a couple of Mogami Gold cables, which have topnotch Mogami cable and Neutrik connectors. They weren't cheap, but they are a clear improvement over standard guitar cables -- better clarity and detail without harsh high end, and a bit less extraneous noise to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelsey
          I bought a couple of Mogami Gold cables, which have topnotch Mogami cable and Neutrik connectors. They weren't cheap, but they are a clear improvement over standard guitar cables -- better clarity and detail without harsh high end, and a bit less extraneous noise to boot.
          There ya go,good deal...
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I use the planet waves ones, huge improvment in clarity and background noise over my old regular ones. they are great cables that should last a lifetie.
            "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

So now we know! And Knowing is half the battle!
              I use planet waves too, even got lifetime guarantee! The difference in sound quality between these and my old cables is huge. Definately worth the investement.

Comment

I use a 20 foot Peavey (I think) that I picked up at a local store. I've tried the fancy high end cables, and I can't see paying the extra money. My cable has lasted forever and the 'lack' of clarity is part of my sound.

Comment

I still use my old Monarcor Neopren cables, they are almost 14 years old now, only one jack has been replaced due to a freak accident with a cab, it has a Neutrick jack now, that was 8 years ago, no trouble, lots sound in it, not thinsounding and it lets the mid through quite nicely.

Comment

This is the kind of post I like! I, too, spend hundreds on cables... The_Chris gave a good quote...
                    if the link between your equipment is crap, guess what it's going to sound like?

Comment

It's been said so many times that the use of good quality lead and cables (i.e. George L's) will ensure that your are delivering the proper signal from you guitar to your amp.

It really amazes me to see how many guitar players use cheap quality leads and cables in their system and then ask the question why is there so much noise or interference or it does not work? I have also seen leads that have been bodged up and held together by tape on quite a number of gigs.

I will say it once again it is likely to be the last item you would sell as guitars/amps come and go.
                      Normans Guitars

Comment

I use the planet waves with the switch on the guitar end for my instrument cable. It makes for a nice silent swap out between guitars. The quality is top notch too. I've beat the hell out of those cords and they have not failed yet. For patch cables I use the Fender 6 inch patch cords, nice heavy constructed ends.
                        ~Sid

"If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

Comment

I have a dimarzo cable that came with a lifetime garantee, iv had it for about 2 years and it is starting to sound not at its best. I always thought that you should regulary replace you cables (ie every year) as the conections inside them deteriate, I was told that the dimarzio cable would last alot longer....Im just a bit confused on how they actually work and how the more expensive ones are better.

Anytips on looking after cables? ...

Comment

I use monster cables and have had great success.
                            Low wattage rocks!
                            Bumbox Lead 1
                            Orange Tiny Terror
                            Vox 120VTH
                            ----------------------
                            Gibson LP Standard - SG Supreme
                            Agile LP-2500 - Jackson JSX-94

Comment

Originally posted by Norman_T
                              It's been said so many times that the use of good quality lead and cables (i.e. George L's) will ensure that your are delivering the proper signal from you guitar to your amp.

It really amazes me to see how many guitar players use cheap quality leads and cables in their system and then ask the question why is there so much noise or interference or it does not work? I have also seen leads that have been bodged up and held together by tape on quite a number of gigs.

I will say it once again it is likely to be the last item you would sell as guitars/amps come and go.
                              Amen buddy.....Everything from the guitar to the amp must be of tonal quality...I use George Ls on my board and from my guitar to my pedals,unless I opt to go wireless that night? Still my entire board is all George L in both cases..Great cables at great prices...if they're good enough Eric Johnson,they're good enough for me!

Comment

Working...
                              X