X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Fender Stratocaster Club

2002 '62 American Vintage with Antiquitys

Guitars
    2012 Fender Strat '57 Heavy Relic Custom Shop 2005 Fender Esquire '59 Custom Shop
    1996 Guild S-100 2010 Fender Mustang MIJ

Effects
    Shure GLXD16 Wireless, Bogner Ecstasy Blue, Fulltone Fatboost, Fulltone Ultimate Octave, TC Electronic Flashback X4

Amps
    1985 JCM800 2204

Comment

First the Hamer thread and now this one? Wow. That is a sweet Strat, Dabros. I bet she plays like butter.

Comment

I have to admit i was a bit hesitant to buy that Hamer, but wow have i gotten over THAT! I like the look of a singlecut les paul more than the hamer, but it sounds SO much better than any gibson i've played.

This strat has been my main guitar for a long time, and it sounds fantastic. Lately though, i've been having a slight problem with the high frets. Think it needs a little overhaul, but it's a really nice guitar. I really can't say enough good things about the american vintage series.

A friend of mine just got a 52 tele butterscotch, and it's equally good. Light too. I had an american standard about 6 months ago, and while it's a decent guitar, it just doesn't add up to the vintage tele. It just feels a lot better.
        Guitars
        2012 Fender Strat '57 Heavy Relic Custom Shop 2005 Fender Esquire '59 Custom Shop

Effects
        Shure GLXD16 Wireless, Bogner Ecstasy Blue, Fulltone Fatboost, Fulltone Ultimate Octave, TC Electronic Flashback X4

Amps
        1985 JCM800 2204

Comment

Dabros, that is 1 gorgeous Strat.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Originally posted by Dabros View Post

That's a beautiful piece.

Comment

Since having to sell my R7, I'm back in Strat mode and I'm glad that I didn't get rid of mine. It's an '05 MIM Standard that in these pictures had Antiqities and a heavy/solid vintage bridge that I had around.

It's back in it's original Fat Strat form, but will be getting an overhaul again.

I'm thinking of Surfers, Fat 50's or SSL-1's in one pickguard and a double fat with the Brobucker and ?? for neck. May even put together a double Soapbar as well. Anyone running Soapbars in their strat?
              '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

Here is a nice piece from the American Deluxe line.

Comment

Originally posted by Stratcat View Post
                  Here is a nice piece from the American Deluxe line.
                  http://www.themusiczoo.com/FenderAme...oSunburst.html
                  Isn't that more like a Sienna Sunburst? When i think tobacco, it's usually a sunburst with a black outer ring. I guess it's just fender being wacky.
                  Guitars

Effects

Amps
                  1985 JCM800 2204

Comment

Originally posted by Dabros View Post

Nice instrument.

Comment

Originally posted by Stratcat View Post
                      My main Strat for gigs is a 2002 American Deluxe Candy Tangerine Rosewood Fingerboard, Duncan pups.
                      http://www.themusiczoo.com/FenderAme...DZ4121433.html
                      Me, my first was a Fender American Standard Strat that had been modded for a bridge humbucker (not sure what kind it was). Unfortunately I didn't have the money to get a Strat, so I got the ESP and the Ibanez. I'm a member of the club "in spirit" lol.
                      My Website || My Music
                      Originally posted by US Declaration of Independence
                      ... are endowed by their CREATOR with certain unalienable rights....
                      Gear: Boss ME70, Ovation CC44, ESP EC-1000FM, Fender Twin Reverb, Fender Pro Junior, Fender Showmaster FMT HH

Comment

Originally posted by TwinReverb View Post
                        Me, my first was a Fender American Standard Strat that had been modded for a bridge humbucker (not sure what kind it was). Unfortunately I didn't have the money to get a Strat, so I got the ESP and the Ibanez. I'm a member of the club "in spirit" lol.
                        Welcome aboard!

Comment

1996 American Standard Stratocaster

I'll keep this one as long as I live
                          my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Hehe Jolly I have completly forgotten that you had a strat!!
                            Did you not have a 12 stringer as well???
                            Nice strats guys by the way

Comment

2004 American Deluxe HSS Stratocaster GC Limited Edition, Mahogany, Trans. Crimson Red

2 Suhr V60LP's and a JB Trembucker, w/Suhr BPSSC ~ Silent Single Coil System.

I couldn't seem to get the cottage cheese ceiling that is reflecting onto the guitar out of the picture
                              Last edited by davedvdy; 08-19-2006, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Here's my JV... pics are in the third post down.

I should get a better shot of the front, the wood grain has some really cool patches in it. A DiMarzio Virtual PAF and a some Area 61s are going in pretty soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X