Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hot tubes?

on the eurotubes site they say

"Most of the newer Fender amps are fixed bias and need a good hot set of 6L6’s to come in close to proper bias. This includes the Hot Rod and Deville series amps which do have an adjustable bias but the sweep is narrow and even when adjusted for maximum still needs a hot set of tubes to get the plate current draw where is should be. "

i have a blues deluxe, very similar to the newer hot rod series i like it but i am interested in making it the best it can be,... so whats considered a "hot" 6l6 tube?
    i own stuff

Well.... i don't know if theres really any way to tell, with most tubes... as far as i know, from most manufacturers, they are all different. However, one of the companies, i think it is groove tubes, has a scale for their tubes, if you check their website, you might be able to figure out which end of the spectrum you ought to be looking for....

other than that, i really have no clue. sorry...
    '01 Gibson Les Paul Standard (stock BB V's)
    Squier Fat Strat (stock/duckbucker/stock)
    '66 Fender Bassman
    Fender Champion 600
    Fender Stage 100

Comment

I like Svetlana "winged =C=" 6L6's. Great tone, and no internal
      tube rattle. Powerful, and last a long time.
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

what bob is referring to, is the amount of natural plate current that is drawn at idle by a tube, at a given negative voltage, in a fixed bias amp. you know the hardness rating GT employs? this is what he is talking about.

germ
        Jeremy Ledford
        Tone Guru Extroardinaire
        Tone Shop

Comment

so harder = hotter?

thx for the help
          i own stuff

Comment

Originally posted by guymanperson
            so harder = hotter?

thx for the help
            No, a harder tube wouldn't be as hot. A soft tube would draw more current, clip sooner, and have a shorter life.

Comment

thx
              i own stuff

Comment

Working...
              X