Dark guitar with clarity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark guitar with clarity?

Does this guitar exist? I tend to like dark tones....not bright so I look for guitars that have a naturally dark tone. Personally, i find the newer LPs to be bright in the bridge position. What about SGs? Again, i find it very hard to get a good sense for a guitar till I play it with the band or at rehearsal so that is why I ask rather than try a hundred different guitars. This might help narrow my search.

Thansk so much!!

ps

Re: Dark guitar with clarity?

Originally posted by papersoul
    Does this guitar exist? I tend to like dark tones....not bright so I look for guitars that have a naturally dark tone. Personally, i find the newer LPs to be bright in the bridge position. What about SGs? Again, i find it very hard to get a good sense for a guitar till I play it with the band or at rehearsal so that is why I ask rather than try a hundred different guitars. This might help narrow my search.

Thansk so much!!

ps
    u might be refering to a guitar with a mahagony body with a maple top, and a rosewood or ebony fretboard. have u tried zakk wylde's custom bullseye les paul?
    i think ull get what u want if u just take a les paul and replace the stock pups with EMGs. theyre a little darker and 'metalish' than stock pups.
    check out some jacksons. some come stock with emg-hz's.
    we can be heroes

Comment

Dark Guitar With Clarity...hmmmm. My 1st thoughts go to my 1979 Les Paul Custom, with a 59B in it. ( Pearly Gates also works well in this Guitar )......
      Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Jackson USA Soloist with a Duncan custom. Real fat, but the ebony and ceramic Magnet, as well as the Floyd, give it back the clarity that Neck through construction can rob, without damaging the low mid spike but accentuating it
        Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Get an LP studio - cheap and some of them come with ebony fretboards. Try and get one which is a few years old.
          Normans Guitars

Comment

PRS Cu24 or Cu22 with stock pickups. I switched the pickups out of mine to get out of that dark w/ clarity tone zone.
            Fender Twin w/ Weber Speakers, keeley ts-9, RMC2 wah, EB MusicMan Axis Sport w/ p-90's, Heritage Les Paul (HC150) Custom Order w/ AIIpro/Custom shop bridge, various accoustics

Comment

How about McCarty or Singlecut?

Comment

Working...
              X