make your own replacement body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• make your own replacement body?

i could probably do this, i got tone woods at my house. has anyone else done this or tried? anyone think i'm crazy? yer probably right on that last one...
    really, i want something that i can add my own personal touches to.
    :firing: :soapbox: :rocket: :omg:
    Its the way things are, kill the ones w/ the ideas.

Re: make your own replacement body?

just order you a plan that you like, or create your own using cad. If you have all the right tools and stuff, it shouldnt be a problem. I made a strat body that was bigger than normal, and had a neck to go along with it (warmoth), I really liked it, but it sounded like sh*t so I sold it.
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

well, see, i'm broke, thats why i wanted to build my own stuff in the first place. but hey, if it sounds like sh*t, like you sed, then, what the hell, i acomplished something anyway...

Comment

i haven't decided... i'm trying to come up with a design thats like a cross between a fender jaguar and a gibson explorer. i just cant get a draft drawn up that doesnt look completely ridiculous.
        can ya'all help me brainstorm?

Comment

You can buy a body blank from Warmoth for $65 and for an extra $45 they will rout the whole thing except for the outside shape. You can cut it into whatever shape you like, do the sanding and such and not have to worry about the neck pocket, control cavity, bridge or the pickup placement because that'll all be done for you. It's not free but it's cheaper than normal and you have creative control to produce your own masterpiece.
          Gregg -
          Warmoth Guitar Products

Comment

Working...
          X