banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Between these two, which one would you go for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Between these two, which one would you go for?

esp.
    Proud Master of Strats.....

Comment

I have played both guitars and both are nice. The KH neck is wide/thin, not Ibanez Wizard thin, but none the less. It's a comfortable guitar to play and has great tone. The Peavey, or the EB/MM if you prefer, IMO, are some of the nicest guitars on the market. The asymetrical neck design that EVH prefers is comfortable and fast at the same time. I prefer the Wolfgang pickups, but as someone said earlier, that's a preference. I don't like the Axis pups as much, but again they're changeable. You should play them all and decide for yourself. All three guitars are great instruments and you won't be disappointed no matter what you decide. I would choose the two EVH designed guitars over the KH, but I've gotten to play all three of them and I like the them better. After you play them all, come back and tell us which you prefer.

Comment

Originally posted by 7th Hell
        Are you NUTS? ESP KH-2! No offense, but EVH seems to "jump ship" quite often. Kramer to Music Man to Peavy to Who Knows What? Hammet has been playing ESPs for a good chunk of time now. I ask you this- If a Signature Guitar was really on the mark, WHY would they go switching brands every couple of years? Besides, the skull and crossbone inlays kick ass on the wolfgang's.
        Ignoring 'endorser loyalty' issues for a moment, the fact is that EVH is EVH. Kirk Hammett would be the first to admit that he isn't worthy to be a pimple on Ed's arse.

Aside from such fashion-related issues, the main problem I have with the ESP is that is a maple neck-thru. To me, there are two circumstances where you might want a guitar with that much maple running through it's centre: Playing in a large band with keyboards, or playing in a very gainy sounding two guitar metal band. In those cases, the extra maple (and the emgs) will help you cut through at solo time. Of course, your rythm tone will sound a bit pointy, too, but that may not be so bad if you have a rythm player in your band with a warm sounding guitar made from, say, mahogany.

If you play in a single guitar band, I'd suggest you stay away from a maple neck-thru. You'll find your rythm tone will sound pushy and annoying, and won't fill out the overall sound very pleasingly. The wolfgang, with it's basswood back, will sound more balanced. with a stronger low end.

The best way to figure out which you like is to play each for a decent period of time and see which fatigues the ears least. I'll bet it'll be the peavey, but who knows what your reaction will be. Trust your ears.
        Originally posted by Jolly
        ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

ESP rules.
          Epiphone LP standard
          ESP Ltd KH-602
          Gibson Flying V
          Ashdown Fallen Angel 40
          Roland Cube-15
          Dunlop Wah with Fasel
          Line 6 Mod Pro
          Line 6 DL4
          MXR 10 band EQ
          Boss CS-3 Compressor
          Boss 2 way switcher
          Boss CE-5 Chorus Esemble

Comment

Originally posted by 7th Hell
            If a Signature Guitar was really on the mark, WHY would they go switching brands every couple of years?
            I heard he switched to peavey after he banged Sterling Ball's wife. Not a lot to do with the guitar...
            Originally posted by Jolly
            ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

Ouch

What a way to payback your endorsement company

Comment

Originally posted by Hot _Grits
                I heard he switched to peavey after he banged Sterling Ball's wife. Not a lot to do with the guitar...
                hahahahaha ed's the man
                Originally posted by Aceman
                It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Working...
                X