My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Re: New Tele Design

Anyway you shake it . . . thats gonna be a real nice Telly!

Comment

Originally posted by Hot _Grits
        I'd prefer alnico pro flats to staggereds. Better response out of the b string. You're probably a compression hound, so it may matter less to you...
        I like the flats a lot. I had them on my Music Man Albert Lee Model. However, it has a 10" radius fretboard. I'm using the staggereds because my fretboard is the vintage 7.25" radius.

Originally posted by Wattage
        Ahh man you need a Nomad like that to haul gear and ass
        A Nomad would be the absolute ticket. Man, I'd love showing up to gigs in one of those.
        -Butch Snyder
        butchsnyder.com

Never cut your nose off to spite your face. It never grows back...

Comment

how do you save the pics from kiesake or whatever? I've made like 100's of guitars on there, but I cant save 'em (or I can, but dont know how)
          This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Originally posted by beandip
            how do you save the pics from kiesake or whatever? I've made like 100's of guitars on there, but I cant save 'em (or I can, but dont know how)
            If you're using Windows, you get the guitar the way you want then hit the "Print Screen" key. Bring up MS Paint and do a "Paste". It'll be there then you can crop the way you want. Also, Paint saves it as a bitmap, so you'll want to export it as a jpg or something.

Cheers,
            -Butch Snyder
            butchsnyder.com

Comment

you can "save as" a jpg from paint

also, if you use "alt+print screen", you should get just the window on top
              "music heals"
              facebook

Comment

If anyone is interested in esoterica on vintage Fender colors - and the connections to car colors - this may be fun: http://www.provide.net/~cfh/fenderc.html

BTW the black pickguard looks best of the 3 originals, but I like the aqua much better... maybe all 3 pickups black?

Chip
                Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
                Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
                Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
                SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
                SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
                "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

i like the black guard
                  Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Here's the one my wife likes best. On the surface, it loks very classic and basic. Down under, there's a tone Mecca happening...

Here's the switching.

From the Duncan website -
                    Position ONE:
                    The neck (Strat®) pickup with the tone circuit OUT, affording a clearer, brighter tone to compensate for the inherent dullness normally found in this position. The result: a lead guitar sound that echoes the blues shadings of Clapton, Hendrix, etc.
                    Position TWO:
                    The neck (Strat®) pickup with the tone circuit IN, allowing the guitarist to soften the tone for rhythm or mellow leads, as per a stock Tele rhythm pickup.
                    Position THREE:
                    The neck and bridge pickups are in the standard stock parallel wiring with the tone circuit IN, enhancing the customary Tele® sound.
                    Position FOUR:
                    By combining both pickups with a capacitor and resistor in a controlled degree of reversed phase, the guitar offers a bell-like, rich tone that echoes the classic Strat® sound. Until now, this sound could only be obtained by the use of the bridge and middle pickups on a typical Strat.
                    Position FIVE:
                    An updated stock-style bridge pickup with symmetrically staggered pole pieces for great string balance and a special wind for increased sustain. It captures that great old Tele® lead sound that launched post-War popular music in America, and has the same gutsy, "punchy" tone of Jerry's prized '52 Tele®.

There's just something about simple elegance...
                    -Butch Snyder
                    butchsnyder.com

Comment

nice...

and cool ideas for the wiring there too...!?
                      Originally posted by jeremy
                      God hates bad guitar tone
                      GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                      AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                      EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                      Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss
                        nice...

and cool ideas for the wiring there too...!?
                        Thanks, now I gotta find one of those Yamaha 24-pin switches...
                        -Butch Snyder
                        butchsnyder.com

Comment

Hey Butch -

I read somewhere that the Yamaha 4-pole/5-way switches are not as reliable as the Oak brand (StewMac, Fender, etc. sell them), but I've never been able to find one of the Yamahas anyway.

Unfortunately, you have to route out the side of the control cavity to fit one of these in a Tele:

I'm finally completing my never-ending tele project and decided to reverse the control plate so that the volume knob is closer for swells, etc. That change also meant removing less wood since the hole for the output jack is already there.

FWIW the control layout will be:

1 - bridge
                          2 - bridge & neck in series
                          3 - bridge & neck in parallel
                          4 - bridge & neck in series and out-of-phase (a la J.D. with a resistor reducing the output of one of the pups)
                          5 - neck

There will be 2 tone cap values, depending on the selector position (smaller cap for 2, 3 & 5). Also, a "no load" tone pot - should be good for positions 2 & 5.

Chip
                          Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
                          Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
                          Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
                          SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
                          SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
                          "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

Here's the winner...
                            Last edited by BS123; 06-26-2004, 09:31 AM. Reason: **The Winner**
                            -Butch Snyder
                            butchsnyder.com

Comment

Thanks to all who helped me and offered opinions. The winner in the post above...
                              -Butch Snyder
                              butchsnyder.com

Comment

Don't forget some of the newer Fender Custom Shop guards like the clear or black aluminum engine turned guards. They cost around $50, but looks sweet.
                                Instead of a plain ole black one, order a engine turned aluminum or black engine turned.
                                It gives a real cool "automotive" look to a guitar, too. Here's one of my strats.
                                Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                                I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
                                X