Aphex Acoustic Xciter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aphex Acoustic Xciter

In a word: WOW!!!!!! It is built with the Aural Exciter technology placed into a stomp box format.

This thing really enlivened the sound of my Yamaha APX10T e/acoustic. Two effects built into one. First, there is the "Big Bottom" effect. Obviously, this is for bass enhancement. In a way, it's kind of like a bass compressor, but it is MUCH more than that. The Lo Tune control allows you to set the upper limit (tune) of the bass frequencies that are enhanced. The Lo Blend allows you to mix in just the right amount of enhancement that you want.

The Hi Tune sets the lower limit (tune) of the high frequencies that you want enhanced. The Hi Blend functions similarly to the Lo Blend.

I added my chorus pedal to the chain, and

OHHHH BABY!!! I like what I hear!

Best of all, I bid on this on ebay last weekend, and it arrived in time for me to use it this Sunday in church. WAY COOL!

Here is a link for a sample of the effect (although I don't think it does it justice):

Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
    Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Re: Aphex Acoustic Xciter

I'd like to try one of those. Actually, I think I have an old half rack spc Alesis unit that's similar. I should see what effect that has on acoustics. It's been in my junk box for years, and has never been used.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Re: Aphex Acoustic Xciter

Xciter is a good name for it. It certainly "excites" the sound of the instrument. Aphex also sells versions for guitar and bass, and they just released a compressor unit called the Punch Factory.
      Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
      https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
      Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Working...
      X