No treble loss with wireless?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No treble loss with wireless?

I believe the Kinman FAQ says the treble loss that occurs when turning down the Volume control is caused by the capacitance in one's instrument cable. If so, will the use of a wireless system (instead of an instrument cable) prevent this treble loss?

Thanks for any info.

Re: No treble loss with wireless?

I am under the impression that the top ends loss when rolling down the volume pot is caused by the higher freqs passing a given resistance easier than lower ones, and rolling down the volume pot allows the top end to go first.

At any rate I get that same effect (dark tone at lower guitar volume settings) using both a cable or my wireless. Running the wireless appears to make my tone brighter overall, but rolling the volume pot still causes a top end roll off.
    www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
    www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Thanks for the info, Robert.

Interesting that the Volume rolldown treble-loss still occurs with wireless. Maybe Kinman's FAQ was incorrect...

Comment

I remember another member saying that his treble was a little more present with the wireless because the signal wasn't lost in the cable. He could have been running crappy cable tho.

Comment

Working...
        X