No announcement yet.

What the hell is happening to me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To my ears strats sound thin compared to a tele. All a tele needs is some qp's or a2pros and it's rockin in my book. Mine has qp's and does straight up rock well. The QP's love gain.

Gearjonser made some great points. The best thing out of the 90's IMHO are the boutique amps. Damn I love my Z!!!!!!

Luke
    “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

maybe something is in the air in ct, (nitrogen, oxygen, and about 300 other things.....)

im not trashing the mim/mij teles, but i like buying made in usa gutiars for some reason, it feels patriotic and i feel it doesnt support sending jobs overseas......i have played some mim/mij gutiars i abosultly loved, and would buy them if i wanted them, but something about the highway 1 i really like, and even more than the highway 1 i love the american series, especially the deluxe (a bit too pricey). something about them just feels right when i pick them up.
      Godin SDXT - 59-ClassicStack-JB
      Martin D-15 - Fishman Neo-D
      Boss BD-2 - MXR dynacomp - Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 - Morley A/B/Y
      Crate VC-3112
      Brownsville NY J-Bass Copy
      Fender Bassman 60

Comment

Originally posted by BluesNRock87
        maybe something is in the air in ct, (nitrogen, oxygen, and about 300 other things.....)

im not trashing the mim/mij teles, but i like buying made in usa gutiars for some reason, it feels patriotic and i feel it doesnt support sending jobs overseas......i have played some mim/mij gutiars i abosultly loved, and would buy them if i wanted them, but something about the highway 1 i really like, and even more than the highway 1 i love the american series, especially the deluxe (a bit too pricey). something about them just feels right when i pick them up.
        It's kool. But just so you know, the only thing American on the Highway series is the neck and where it's assembled. It has the same Alder body, hardware (bridge, tuners etc) and electronics (pups, pots etc) as the MIM Std. guitars. Lot of guys buy 'em for the thin finish and good price, but end up changing pups (Duncans are good ) and tuners, bridge etc...if you add it up, maybe an American std. would be a good choice. I support American goods too, but I don't go out of my way just because...price is a factor in a lot of my choices. But if the guitar speaks to ya, you should get it.

Gibson KS 336, LP Standard, Special and Customs
        Bogner, Orange, Tech 21 and Fender amps
        Celestion speakers
        Duncan, Bare Knuckle, WCR and Gibson pups
        Too many pedals....

Comment

Working...
        X