Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queen on Classic SNL broadcast.

They played "Thing Called Love"

Brian May played an acoustic, then he played the solo with a Tele, then broke out his signature axe, all the while blasting through his Vox AC30's.

And, once again, Freddie Mercury proved to me that he is the gayest looking guy in rock and roll. But the dude can sing.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Re: Queen on Classic SNL broadcast.

Now I gotta stay up and watch the rest of the show in order to see the 2nd song.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

i remember that episode when it was live ... very cool ... i seem to remember winning a bet with a friend who swore May used the red special for the whole song .. i told him 'no way, it had to be a tele on the solo' ... i think he had to buy me a pizza :-)

R.I.P Freddie .. what a voice

cheers
      t4d
      gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

I caught that last night as well-- and the original broadcast in '82. My top three guitar heroes: May, Iommi and Hendrix. Not in any particular order, of course. And May's style and tone; I just flip over it!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F
          And, once again, Freddie Mercury proved to me that he is the gayest looking guy in rock and roll. But the dude can sing.
          Haha... I always thought that was Perry Farrell from Jane's Addiction
          Originally posted by kevlar3000
          I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
          Originally posted by Zerberus
          Better is often the enemy of good
          Originally posted by ginormous
          Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Freddie may have been one of the gayest looking singers, but he's my #1 favorite singer of all time. I think he's untouchable!

Brian May, also one of my guitar heroes. Melody+Treblebooster tone=May
            Watch My Videos
            Photography
            www.myspace.com/thebillyhong
            "Anything worth living for is worth suffering for."

Comment

i agree with biu, i wish i coulda seen that tv broadcast but i dont get SNL.

may has one of the best tones and sense of melody in the business
              My clips

Originally posted by Rid
              How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

I just got the "Live at Wembley" DVD. May indeed switches from acoustic to tele to the "Old Lady". Phenomenal concert. Highly recommended.
                '99 Epi LP LE stock -->
                Digitech Bad Monkey, VS Jekyll&Hyde V2, VS Route 66 V2 --> Line6 Pod XTLive -->
                Peavey Classic 30 1-12, Musicman 65 2-10

Comment

Working...
                X