• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StratTom
    replied
    Re: Mesa F-50 users?

Originally posted by AcidBurn
    Most headphone jacks usually have less than a watt of output. You don't need much power when the speakers are less than an inch away from your ear drum.
    Thanks AcidBurn! I was hoping that it wouldn't be too much. 50watts of tube power would give me somewhat of a headache

Leave a comment:

• some_dude
    replied

Originally posted by AcidBurn
    You don't need much power when the speakers are less than an inch away from your ear drum.

Wimp.

Leave a comment:

• AcidBurn
    replied

Most headphone jacks usually have less than a watt of output. You don't need much power when the speakers are less than an inch away from your ear drum.

Leave a comment:

• StratTom
    replied

Originally posted by Dom L
    I use the headphone out jack as my direct out, works good. What are you trying to do? THe jack is for either headphones (I guess a set of those mini speakers for walkmen will work) or for a direct out with speaker emulation
    Dom L.
    Well I don't have one, but I'm thinking about getting one. Having a headphone jack would be great because sometimes I can't play because my 2 1/2 year old nephew is sleeping. But if I plug headphones in, I don't want to go deaf due to the volume being loud.

Leave a comment:

• Dom L
    replied

I use the headphone out jack as my direct out, works good. What are you trying to do? THe jack is for either headphones (I guess a set of those mini speakers for walkmen will work) or for a direct out with speaker emulation
    Dom L.

Leave a comment:

• nuntius
    replied

i dont know for sure but im pretty sure it will

i somehow doubt anyone would like 50 watts played straight into their head

Leave a comment:

• StratTom
    started a topic Mesa F-50 users?

Mesa F-50 users?

I've played this amp a few times, recently through a mesa 2x12 vertical cab. I just took notice on Mesa's site that these amps have a headphone jack. I was wondering if any F-50 users have used headphones with this amp, and what it sounds like. I guessing that if you plug headphones in, it cuts down the volume? Am I right?

Also any recommended settings would be great!!! I'm hoping to go back to GC to play it again...

Thanks in advance,

Tom
Working...
X