EL34 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EL34 Questions

I have a 100w jcm 800, and I'm looking for some power tube suggestions. I've been running Svetlana and Groove Tubes. I would like to try the "big bottle" style, but I dont know much about them. Could you please help me out? I'm also looking for a good place to purchase tubes. Thanks.

Re: EL34 Questions

By "big bottle," I assume you're referring to the 6CA7. EHx and Groove Tubes both make excellent 6CA7's. Normally, I would recommend www.revolutionguitars.com for tube purchases, but they don;t currently carry the EHx 6CA7, so I'd recommend www.srs-webstore.com instead.

Comment

The EH and Groove big bottles are good. But, they seek to copy the original Sylvania 6CA7. If you can find some good NOS samples, these babies will work well!

(2) Randall RM4 preamps, VHT 2502 Power amp, 2 2x12 Bogner cabs w/V30's and Lead 80's, '74 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop, '89 Gibson Les Paul Cherryburst, '93 Stratocaster, and a bunch of other stuff.

Comment

If the GT 6CA7 is as good as the GT 12AX7-M it should be a winner. I'd certainly give that a shot before dropping big bucks on NOS 6CA7's....even though I'm a huge NOS fan.
        My Sound Clips

Comment

I'd contact Todd at revolutionguitar.com and order 4 Svetlana EL-34's and
          3 GT12AX7C's. That's the tube setup that Bogners come with, and it sounds great. Or spend big and get 3 GT12AX7M's, the Mullard Repros.

Then, spend $200 on either a Banzai Coldfusion or Fireball, and you'll have an amp rig that's like a Marshall Flamethrower.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
          X