Line6 DL-4 Delay Modeler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line6 DL-4 Delay Modeler

What are your thoughts on this? I've been gassing for one of these for some time now - spent a little more time with it today and thought it was great. Still, the price tag is a little heavy...what do you think?

Re: Line6 DL-4 Delay Modeler

best delay pedal I have used..worth it for the tap tempo and looping alone...
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

It's a modern classic. Even if you're not a big fan of delay, you'll still love the sounds you can find in this one. The tap tempo is something I couldn't live without.
      The only bummer is that you can only preset 3 sounds.

My presets are a big digital delay that adds ambience (Think U2)
      a tape echo that has a wooly decay, and another setting I can't remember that has a real spacey slapback, which I use with some modulation effects to create some sounds that aren't easily recognizeable.

If you plan on using Line 6 pedals on your board, it's a good idea to buy the Voodoo Lab PPII, since it has the right power for those pedals. I think it's 16V in reverse polarity, so the connector wires have to be Voodoo Lab reverse polarity with a different size plug than Boss pedals.
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Great pedal. I recently swapped mine for a boss DD5 and loopstation, as I wanted a more sophisticated looper and a delay that hogs less real estate. But overall, it's a fantastic unit. I thoroughly recommend it.
        Originally posted by Jolly
        ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

I use a special LIne 6 adapter that is made by Visual Sound for use with their One Spot 9v adapter. It works fine for that big green delay pedal. I like mine.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

The DL4 also makes a great auto-wah as well as chorus pedal too...even a good overdrive if you set the delay time to 0 and turn up the grunge in the delay. Turn mix to delay only.

Comment

Any of you guys experiment with it to get those Pink Floyd "On the Run" type of noises? Lots of fun! Give it a go, put it on an analog setting preferably with the repeats at a max, give some havoc on the guitar (harmonic divebombs, etc.) and mess with the delay time. Can do some very cool stuff!

Comment

I LOVE this pedal and I'm not really a 'pedal person.' I got the DL4 mainly for the loop function, but found many cool delay sounds that have worked their way into being part of my tone. The loop is way fun to mess with. I can spend hours fiddling with it.
                It's really helped me with songwriting. A fantastic creative tool. And all the delay settings are very useful as well.
                Not a 5150 Kramer, but a 5149 1/2 Shamer
                www.bigmouthbetty.com

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarist
                  those Pink Floyd "On the Run" type of noises?
                  "Run Like Hell" ???

Comment

Originally posted by TattooedCarrot
                    "Run Like Hell" ???
                    On the Run, off of Dark Side of the Moon.

Comment

I love mine. If there's a delay type or tone that you're looking for, it's probably in there somewhere. I agree that having only three presets is kind of a bummer but I find that I lean on one or two tones most of the time anyway. Once upon a time, I lived with only one setting unless I leaned over and changed them manually so three presets and tap tempo is a nice upgrade.
                      Mr. Way Too Proud of Texas Guy

Nothing nothing nothing, nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing.

Comment

Is this pedal True-bypass?

Comment

you can set it for true bypass if you want.. but I don't, this way the delays trail off when I shut it off. I honestly don't notice a difference in tone either way. Plus, if you set repeats to maximum, you can turn it off while the delays repeat forever, and play overtop...really trippy.

Comment

Working...
                          X