No announcement yet.

Best Telecaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of buzz on TFF for the MIM Muddy Waters Tele. Limited color choice but a lot seem to love it. I actually bought a Burton neck from Ebay...I wanted a fattie, but the seller later told me about a small carck. I got a Warmoth boat neck with jumbo frets instead...it's not a baseball bat...it's a LOG! And I am digging it. As with any guitar, gotta play 'em all and get the one that speaks to you.

Gibson KS 336, LP Standard, Special and Customs
    Bogner, Orange, Tech 21 and Fender amps
    Celestion speakers
    Duncan, Bare Knuckle, WCR and Gibson pups
    Too many pedals....

Comment

Ooohh that Bluesboy looks awesome

I have a MIM Deluxe Nashville Tele

It's a 3 single coil pickup tele, which I have Duncans Vintage Stacks in, with custom switching to allow both strat and tele pickup combinations.

Only Tele I have experience with, and it's really nice. I also play a G&L Legacy, and I'd have to say if you can find a Bluesboy of similar G&L at a good price get that.

Comment

That's almost EXACTLY the look I want. Clear orange finish, except with a vintage maple neck, aluminum pickgaurd and grey competition stripe.
        Originally posted by kevlar3000
        I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
        Originally posted by Zerberus
        Better is often the enemy of good
        Originally posted by ginormous
        Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Wow

Comment

I think the cream guard is perfect with that orange finish

and yeah, the gun oil rubbed necks are awesome. Those are unique to G & L, as far as I know.
            "music heals"
            facebook

Comment

okay you guys are really giving me gas, and i just bought another tele.
              Cleveland Guitars

Comment

My 50's Telecaster and all the Fenders i've ever owned have all been MIM models. My 50's Telecaster, with some investments over the last few years have turned it into a really nice sounding, looking and playing guitar with tons of vibe. HOWEVER..... even though i added a set of brass compensated saddles about a year and a half ago, i still find it hard to keep this guitars 3 higher strings in "spot-on" tune. I know theres lots of factors that affect tuning and tuning stability, but i've done all i can do with the comp. saddles and i even bought a new set of Fender vintage style tuners a few weeks ago and installed them.

So for me, the next guitar i own whether i buy another Fender or build a custom Tele..... is gonna have a "modern" six saddle bridge similar to an AS Tele. Starting to not like the vintage 3 saddle bridges now But those new AS Telecasters look real sweet to me..... would LOVE a brand new one in Vintage Blonde with a maple neck!

FenderBender
                2006 Fender Standard Telecaster
                2005 Fender 70's Reissue Stratocaster
                2003 Fender Blues Junior (Laquered Tweed, Ltd. Ed.)

Originally posted by Kivitel
                You will probably be hit by a Pontiac fiero on your way to the liquor store or something, and it will just be like hitting the reset button on a Nintendo.

Comment

I recommend the MIM 72 custom ri. I use one as my main gigging guitar. The neck pu is a bit muddy, but there's an easy mod you can do to split the coils, and the single coil sound is great. I activate it via a push-pull on the tone pot.

I've played several of them, and the maple fingerboard ones seem to sound the best to me.

Basically any of the mexican ris are great. It's all down to taste. Play a bunch, and you'll find one that stands out.

But given the choice, I'd go for a relic nocaster or a relic 60s tele. Those guitars are unbelievably good. I've played a 51 and the distance between that and the new nocaster was slight.
                  Originally posted by Jolly
                  ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

I have a 1964 tele that I love as well as a USA Shecter tele that is absolutely amazing - no special paint job on it but I picked it up used for $450, I would have paid twice that much - The Shecter guitars are fine instruments - All of the USA ones and some of the Diamond Series.

Comment

Check this one out on e-bay?

Normans Guitars

Comment

Re: Best Telecaster

Man today I played on of the new Fender Ash Lite Tele guitars and it was great! SD pickups,Ash Body,Birdseye maple neck and fretboard for only $580!

Comment

My vote goes to G&L. They have a superior build quality over Fender.

Sprinter
                          Collings: '08 001-mhsb
                          Dean: '02 Hardtail
                          Fender: '63 Jazzmaster, '74 Telecaster & '11 American Special Telecaster
                          Fender Custom Shop: '16 1962 Custom Telecaster
                          Gibson: '78 Les Paul Deluxe & '99 Les Paul Standard
                          G&L: '87 Asat, '02 Asat Classic
                          Guild: '81 X-79 Skyhawk
                          Heritage: '09 H535 25th Anniversary
                          PRS: '97 Standard 24 & '99 McCarty

Comment

G&L ASAT Classic.

Comment

Working...
                            X