X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diefet Pedal (Deizel VH4 in a pedal)

Schematic:

Sound Clip:

...the damn thing sounds really close to A VH4. I A/B'ed it with a youtube video of someone demoing an actual VH4. If you played this through a clean amp channel and added just a hair of 12ax7 gain on your gain knob...it'd not sound so direct and be spot on I bet.

The pedal itself is a replication of the preamp circuit of channel 3 on a VH4.

Can anyone build one of these? If so PM me...it's a bit out of my ability and would probably take me over a year lol.
    "From forest caves and azure skies,
    we crashed upon this earth."

Re: Diefet Pedal (Deizel VH4 in a pedal)

Damn, that sounded pretty friggin good! I'd love to get my hands on one of those pedals myself!
    -Mike-

Originally posted by rhymes with metalchurch79
    I take peoples advice after i do some quick math to determine if the lie detector test determines they are full of sh**. Take their post count x 5minutes per post = how much time they didnt spend playing or working on their guitars. The Pros will be spotted right away.

Comment

that would be quite a project - looks like a whole SS amp in a pedal basically.

Comment

Originally posted by SrDeMaFp View Post
        Damn, that sounded pretty friggin good! I'd love to get my hands on one of those pedals myself!
        Me too. I can't find one for sale anywhere, this is the rarest of rare pedals. Some French guy designed it, and it took me months of research before I stumbled across this.

This pedal is the newest version - 1.21. There was one before this (1.11 I think) that didn't sound quite as good.

Here is a cool sticker to put on the casing too:

I'm really interested in commissioning someone to build one of these for me.

Comment

that sounded good, i am surprised AMT didn't make a version for their Legend Amps series...

Comment

it sounds like the MXR Fullbore Metal.

Comment

Originally posted by crguti View Post
              I have to disagree here. Even with the mids cranked up on a fullbore metal, it still sounds like they are scooped too much a la "and justice for all".

The Diefet has more of a "snarl" if you will, with emphasis the pick scrape. Also the pedal somehow replicates power tube saturation if you listen closely enough on the sample - especially when open chords are hit.

Comment

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread but I just finished one and it sounds quite good. There's a verified vero layout available at tagboardeffects for those interested....

Comment

Originally posted by Surgeon View Post
                  Sorry to resurrect such an old thread but I just finished one and it sounds quite good. There's a verified vero layout available at tagboardeffects for those interested....
                  Is it a Distortion pedal or something more? About how much was the cost in parts?
                  Originally posted by KBliss
                  WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
                  Originally posted by trevorus
                  The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

I wish I could build something like that, but I can barely put together Legos.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockstar216 View Post
                      Is it a Distortion pedal or something more? About how much was the cost in parts?
                      Well, it's a bit "more" than a simple distortion pedal as it is a jfet based amp emulation (adaptation of an amp's preamp, replacing tubes with jfet transistors). Thebdoctor boogey was hxact same thing to the mesa dual rectifier as this is to the diezel. Still, it's a "big" distortion pedal in a sense...

Cost? Not sure as I have a big stash of parts here and hardly ever order anything for a specific projec4. I'd say you're looking at 30 to 40$ all in all if you order from the right places...

Jolly: if you take the time to learn a bit it's far from hard. However, it's matter of liking doing this enough to take the time and have the patience for it: some do and some don't... the capacity or hability: I'm pretty sure almost everybody does.

Comment

Originally posted by Surgeon View Post
                        the capacity or hability: I'm pretty sure almost everybody does.
                        I'm one of the few that doesn't have the ability.

I have a problem with depth perception, even trying to solder pots/pickups is tough. Magnifying lenses makes it worse.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
                        @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Originally posted by crguti View Post
                          I own a Fullbore, and I have yet to dial in a tone that good with it.
                          Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

Working...
                          X