KLON...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KLON...

I can take a sh*t in a box and mark it guaranteed...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
      The whole supply/demand thing is BS plain and simple. It makes the ASSUMPTION of a rational buyer. As mentioned - there are Klon clones out there. Some, you might think are even better than an original. The RATIONAL buyer purchases those, driving the original's price down, or they go out of business, or they change their feature set.

Simply not rational. Same with wine snobs. Good wine is good wine, doesn't matter what year. Take the label away and people make surprisingly different choices many times.
      It's not BS Doc...you're reading WAAAY too much into it. Rationality has nothing to do with it. There is a finite supply, there is much more demand than there is supply, so the price increases.

If everything was about being rational you and I wouldn't own Gibsons, we'd own Japanese copies because that is, most likely, more rational.

Luke
      “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

1000 for a pedal in any way, that is just beyond any salvation.
        Get a better amp I would say...but 1000 for a dumb 9v lowtech box....that is just crazy.
        hehe man

Comment

This is what I get doing a search on the web, not realizing the post is from 4 years ago!!!! I've been a member here for 2 years and never posted. Sorry about that. but here is a great photo of the Klon with no goop.

Someone has....

Its why its funny others think that only the Klon can sound like that.
          Last edited by Laars; 06-09-2014, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gypsyblue View Post
            I understand that everyone has their own tastes but when the Klon gets dismissed on this forum (or any forum) by some players I wonder if they might lack the playing skills to take advantage of what the Klon can do. Beck does have the skills.

I'd love to own a Klon.
            No you had it right at first when you said "I understand that everyone has their own tastes". I have heard nothing from a Klon or a Klon clone that would make me want to run out and buy one. You could also hand me the rarest of rare Fender Jaguar or Jazzmaster and while I would appreciate the axe, it really wouldn't do anything for me. Everyone has their own bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
              1000 for a pedal in any way, that is just beyond any salvation.
              Get a better amp I would say...but 1000 for a dumb 9v lowtech box....that is just crazy.
              hehe man
              Well, since this thread was started, the collector value of this pedal is now beyond $2000, and some are trying to push it up to $2500 - $3000. I'm glad I bought mine for $240.
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Haha.....says more about the pedal maniacs lack of sense...than anything else..... totally crazy....and hysterically funny as well ........................................

Comment

I would love to have a Klon , I guess you have to actually hear it in person under your fingers. It also was attached to a Trainwreck , which is an outstanding sounding amplifier. I bought my Lovepedal Kalamazoo after that and at $199 it was a very hard thing to do, but it sounds great. Wonder whoever picked up my EP 3 and carried it off from the jam house where I left it broken?
                  Originally posted by Oinkus
                  I had Big Flannel over here the other night , cleaned up his Tele and did some setup on it , took out the camera and set it down on the desk. I am easily distrac

Comment

I have heard it....and all that....it is just a pedal......

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
                      Haha.....says more about the pedal maniacs lack of sense...than anything else..... totally crazy....and hysterically funny as well ........................................
                      I went through the ended auctions on Ebay and was amazed! I wish I had a time machine. I'd stop in 94 and pick up some Klons!
                      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Hehe now that would have been gold.....
                        Gold with a man horsie that it is....

Comment

Well if you wager that they won't drop in price, buy one now and you might profit when the price raises even more. They should be most popular with Gen X'ers right? In the next five to fifteen years they should be hitting the empty nest/midlife crisis phase of their lives and willing to blow lots of their excess golden aged cash attempting to recapture their youth. I foresee bullish activity in the Klon market through at least 2025.

Comment

Bill has reissued the Klon at a "reasonable" price. I use the quotes since a Soul Food is under $100 and the KTR is $250 or so. You know some will say its not the same...
                            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Laars View Post
                              This is what I get doing a search on the web, not realizing the post is from 4 years ago!!!! I've been a member here for 2 years and never posted. Sorry about that. but here is a great photo of the Klon with no goop.

Someone has....

Its why its funny others think that only the Klon can sound like that.
                              That's a lot of components for an overdrive pedal...

Comment

So, what do you guys recon ?

Is the Soul Food a worthy Klon klone ?
                                Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Working...
                                X