Bogner Ecstasy Red Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogner Ecstasy Red Demo

I hope you like it. It's been quite a while I did not play Dio stuff... I am rusty!

I appreciate your feedback, so feel free to share them.

Best,

Merry Christmas...

B
    Last edited by dr.barlo; 12-24-2012, 01:07 PM.
    FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Re: Bogner Ecstasy Red Demo

Not knocking your playing or the quality of the video at all, as they are both excellent, but this pedal's sound bores the p!ss out of me. How do you like it?
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Thanks.

A frank question, deserves a frank answer.

If I were to be one who played this hot rod JCM800 + DS1 kinda thing for the first time in my life... I would be blown away. I would have sworn that this is it you know. Yet, I share the same sentiments with you. This one is a good simulation kinda pedal for clean amps. In fact, after playing with it, once I fired up my JCM800 #34 (Slash mod you know) clone with some nice parts. But it ain't a Friedman you know. Still I love its sound. There was a huge difference in what I heard. The real deal thing versus the Blues Jr. with this pedal ... well, maybe it is not fair to make such comparison... Do not get me wrong, this pedal is great and all. Yet, the real deal thing is about the amp.

And evaluating it as a pedal (and not a pedal turning the Blues Jr. into a hot rod Marshall)... well I do not see much room for it. Once I have a hot rod plexi, well a cheapo Boss ds1 would perform quite well actually. You see? The sad thing is that the same assessments of mine (I'd say) holds for the blue sucker as well. But now the Uberschall pedal, now that's inspiring. Has tonsa and tonsa gain, without becoming fuzz (this red sucker gets fuzzy, check around the end of the vid, where I am giving tonsa gain and boost, and you'd hear it).

Here is a clip with the Uberschall pedal, again Blues Jr. and the same guitar (with a Brobucker bridge and little 59 neck)

bridge

neck

BTW, these 3 pedals were sent to me locally to demo/check/write-about and all. I like them in general. Very nice pedals. Yet, out of the 3, the only one I would think of buying is the Uberschall.

Then again, I am not somebody who views amps as "pedal platforms"... In fact, I kinda get offended by that. Anyways, that is a whole different discussion. What I mean to say is that these opinions of mine are not coming from somebody who uses Fender DRRI's or other clean nice amps and view pedals as "sound shapers" in the sense that they sorta make the amp sound like a different one ,you know...

B
      Last edited by dr.barlo; 12-24-2012, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Whew ... I am glad we feel the same way. After that amazing tube screamer shoot out, I was beginning to think that perhaps our ears were not in the same place, after all.
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Ok... So Let me please ask for clarification as your response to Twilight LOST me.... Are you saying its a good sounding pedal if you want a JCM 800 + DS1 tone, but you found that particular tone uninspiring in comparison to your #34?
          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
            Whew ... I am glad we feel the same way. After that amazing tube screamer shoot out, I was beginning to think that perhaps our ears were not in the same place, after all.
            I felt the same way when I heard it as well. Thats kind of how I have felt about Bogners in general, sorry bogner guys just never really got the hype

Oh BTW great playing

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
              Ok... So Let me please ask for clarification as your response to Twilight LOST me.... Are you saying its a good sounding pedal if you want a JCM 800 + DS1 tone, but you found that particular tone uninspiring in comparison to your #34?
              What I am saying is,

1. It is a good pedal to get JCM800+DS1 kinda tones from a clean amp like the Fender DRRI or even Blues Jr. (when kept clean).

2. But, I am not someone using clean amps and pedals to "simulate" this particular tone, whcih I love. I am all about obtaining the real thing using a real deal JCM800 type of amp and Boss DS1 pedal (in my case it is a Timmy or Xotic EP). And to me the difference is really like night and day.

3. Hence, a good clean amp + this red sucker may make a lot of folks very happy. I can foresee this. (Indeed, the demo was done with this in mind...) Which is cool. It is just that I don't find it inspiring, owning a real good JCM800#34 clone and suitable pedals...

4. The Uberschall is different. I'd say it is an inspiring pedal... Inspired the hell out of me. Could not stop playing the sucker... And the funny thing is that the Uberschall pedal seems to be the least popular one among them Bogners...

See?

B

Comment

there's a lot of red's coming out for sale on TGP...more than any other brand new pedal that I've ever seen
                Check out my site with DIY amps, guitars and pedals http://diy-fever.com

Comment

To the top for those who haven't seen it...

B

Comment

You cant get a true good sound out of a small blues jr amp with el84s, sure it works but not great i can tell by listening to your demo. I first tried the red with my old mesa mini rectifier, it sounded a bit better over the amps modern channel. It had a better lead tone and could go as heavy as the modern channel. Kept on hearing everyone likes fenders for a pedal platform so I traded the amp in for a blues deluxe and the pedals work really good with a 40 watt 6l6 amp, I switched out the stock speaker to a eminence GB 128 made a very nice difference in the drive channel and gave a little more clean head room.
                    Last edited by ken361; 03-13-2013, 07:20 AM.
                    tone slut
                    Marshall DSL 40C
                    Fender EVH Striped Series
                    Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
                    Fender Squier Tele Affinity
                    Mogami cables

Comment

Thanks for the reply! Have you played the blue?? I can imagine alot of folks being scared away from the Uber as it is such a heavy sound and everyone snapping up a red one cuz tons of people want a Bogner but cant afford the real deal..
                      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Here is the link to my Uberschall demo... In fact, the blue demo will be ready very soon.

BloodRose, as I've said before, out of this 3, the only one that I am seriously thinking about buying is the Uberschall pedal... Blue is fine, but then again ... Lemme elaborate on that when the blue's demo is ready.

B

B

Comment

TTT

B

Comment

Xotic BB+ vs. Bogner Red...

B

Comment

Bogner Red vs. Okko Diablo Gain +...

B

Comment

Working...
                              X