banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I posted about the EH SOUL FOOD Klon clone a few days and no one seemed interested...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I posted about the EH SOUL FOOD Klon clone a few days and no one seemed intereste

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
    I know no one could care less what the He** I think, but IME, a real Klon is more ..MUCH more... about that elusive 10% of what is in the original than the 90% of what is in the fake/clone.
    like LTD vs ESP?

Comment

I posted about the EH SOUL FOOD Klon clone a few days and no one seemed inter...

At last, my Soul Food arrived today. It took some experimenting to get a good tone out of my practice rig, a Vox Pathfinder 15. Here's what I ended up with:

In fact, this orientation was the only one that produced any sound at all. Seems that in their rush to meet demand, EH equipped mine with faulty stomp switch, which works fine in bypass but requires the pedal to be stood on its top corner in order to pass signal in the active mode. For what it's worth, it sounds absolutely brilliant but it just won't fit on my pedalboard this way.

Hello? Musicians Friend customer support?
      Last edited by Rich_S; 01-21-2014, 03:11 PM.
      Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
      Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Re: I posted about the EH SOUL FOOD Klon clone a few days and no one seemed inter...

Originally posted by Rich_S View Post
        At last, my Soul Food arrived today. It took some experimenting to get a good tone out of my practice rig, a Vox Pathfinder 15. Here's what I ended up with:

In fact, this orientation was the only one that produced any sound at all. Seems that in their rush to meet demand, EH equipped mine with faulty stomp switch, which works fine in bypass but requires the pedal to be stood on its top corner in order to pass signal in the active mode. For what it's worth, it sounds absolutely brilliant but it just won't fit on my pedalboard this way.

Hello? Musicians Friend customer support?
        Ouch! But I'm glad you think "it sounds absolutely brilliant".
        “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Re: I posted about the EH SOUL FOOD Klon clone a few days and no one seemed intereste

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post
          Looks like a lot going on to me but what do I know?

Here's a couple of gut shots of my PCE Aluminum Falcons - supposedly a very accurate recreation of the original Klon, right down to circuit board lay out and the aluminum enclosure.

Here's the latest from PCE. This is the new board. No more hand etched PCB's in the Aluminum Falcon.

Comment

I'd try one... never tried a Klone before. I always associate Klones or Klons with middle aged men in their basement trying too hard to be their guitar heroes
            Guitar- Fender Starcaster/Ibanez Artist in CGCGCC tuning
            Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
            Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

Comment

My fingers are too fat to do anything inside there!

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
              You would have a heart attack if you saw the inside of my Hip Kitty Oxblood!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Originally posted by SongsForTheDeaf View Post
                I'd try one... never tried a Klone before. I always associate Klones or Klons with middle aged men in their basement trying too hard to be their guitar heroes
                Quit peaking into my basement window dammit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Originally posted by SongsForTheDeaf View Post
                  I've taken my Klones on quite a few gigs and other guitarists always have questions to ask. Like: "Do you have a pre-amp in that guitar?"

As far as "men in their basement trying to hard to be their guitar heroes" goes, I kind of assume that that's the case for most of the guys of any age who hang out on guitar and gear forums.

Comment

Its about time to velcro this thing down. Getting something really nice out of it - a subtle slightly 'Browned' out overdrive. Strat with stock wiring/pickups and an old Blackface tonight. Maybe you can make out the settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post
                      I've taken my Klones on quite a few gigs and other guitarists always have questions to ask. Like: "Do you have a pre-amp in that guitar?"

As far as "men in their basement trying to hard to be their guitar heroes" goes, I kind of assume that that's the case for most of the guys of any age who hang out on guitar and gear forums.
                      Ahah ! Fair enough!

I feel like I should try one. Soul food is on my list
                      Guitar- Fender Starcaster/Ibanez Artist in CGCGCC tuning
                      Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
                      Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

Comment

I got mine today. Review posted here.

Effects: distortion, overdrive, chorus, delay, whammy, loopers, compressors, boosters and everything else.
                        Go Packers!

Comment

MMMmmm, a Klon klone made by EHX . . .

. . . deff something i should look into !
                          Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Dang! I'm jealous. You guys are getting yours, (I'm glad), and I haven't even gotten a shipping notice yet.

I'm dying to hear this.

Comment

A star is born?

Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                              Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_S View Post
                                A star is born?

That was a lot of fun but I wouldn't buy a Soul Food based on that guy's tone - or his playing.

The sound I get sounds nothing like that.

It was fun, but that, at least to me, is not really what a Soul Food or a Klone sounds like when it's being used "right".

I don't think he really "gets" it, and seems to be another guy who's demoing it as if it were merely a distortion pedal or overdrive or clean boost.

I hate to be critical of anyone's playing but based on that video, he seems to lack the chops and/or the style to really do it justice.
                                Last edited by Lewguitar; 01-22-2014, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X