Visual Sound One Spot with Line 6 M5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visual Sound One Spot with Line 6 M5

I recently bought a Visual Sound One Spot pedal power supply; included in the pack is the CL6 converter which is meant to allow it to power Line 6 pedals.

However, when I tried it with my M5, it doesn't work (ie the pedal won't switch on at all.)

The M5 does work using the One Spot WITHOUT the converter, however it adds some noticeable noise; I assume the converter is intended to prevent this.

I'm wondering if the reverse polarity converter may have been put in the pack instead of the Line 6 converter, since as far as I can tell from Visual Sound's website, the two appear identical. The converter I have does not have any writing or any markings that could identify it as one or the other. I guess the other alternative is that it is just faulty.

Re: Visual Sound One Spot with Line 6 M5

Not a good idea to use the converter plug anymore if ya not sure which one it is. If you have a multimeter around then it would be easy to tell what it's doing polarity switch or not. Does the M5 require a center negative 9V power supply? I think the main VS 1Spot is a center negative unit, but I'm not sure. IF it is & the M5 also needs that same polarity then I 'm not sure why they have provided a converter unless the shape or dimension of L6 stuff is different from the usual ones.

Comment

According to the manual, the M5 takes 9V DC. It doesn't say what the polarity is. By convention most stompboxes are center negative. My guess is that the CL6 converter just swaps it so that it can work with center positive pedals. If the M5 works with your OneSpot without the converter, it's probably center negative. It might just be a noisy pedal, or it something might be up with your OneSpot. I would look under the M5 and double check the polarity of the power jacks (what you're looking for looks like this: http://www.stagebeat.com/sites/stage...e_polarity.jpg) You might want to contact VisualSound about the noise if it turns out to be the OneSpot. Those guys usually stand behind their products.
      Pedal blog: http://manticorefx.wordpress.com/

Comment

Visual Sound One Spot with Line 6 M5

I had an M5 for a long time, and from my experience, using anything other than the line 6 power supply, resulted in really weird noises from the M5. Didn't matter if it was a onespot (tried several), a boss one, or whatever else...anything other than the line6 ps made the m5 make a weird high pitched whine (whether on or off). Just use the line6 power supply that came with the M5.

Also, that adapter that came with the onespot, isn't needed for the M5. It'll run off a normal power supply. The adapter is meant for use with the big four button line six pedals (dl4, mm4, etc...) since those use a different power supply.
        Last edited by Low_fidelity2100; 03-09-2014, 08:07 PM.
        www.experimentsinlowfidelity.com

Originally posted by Aceman
        I like the cream in there. Don't know why.

Comment

Ah, OK, I was assuming the Line 6 Converter had some kind of filter or something to remove the noise. I guess I'll just keep using the M5's own power supply rather than the 1-spot.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X