X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LatsMcGee
    replied
    Re: Xotic SL Drive add to a already overdriven Marshall

A marshally pedal with a marshall amp is a great formula IMO......My uncle rocks a purple plexi with his Class 5 and he gets great tones out of it.....

Leave a comment:

• thespricket
    replied

Those xotic pedals are fantastic, but I think they're meant to be used in front of a clean amp. You can totally use it in front of a dirty Marshall, but I think other pedals would do that job better. I've only used the BB Preamp which is a different sounding pedal altogether, so I'm assuming that the SL is similar just voiced like a Super Lead.

Guitar->pedals->amp

Leave a comment:

• Gearjoneser
    replied

I think it's a very appropriate pedal for that use, because it's a relatively low gain OD and it's voiced like a Super Lead or Super Bass. For adding gain to an overdriven amp, I like low gain OD's because there's more richness than there is with a higher gain OD turned way down.

My favorite pedal for that is the silver Barber LTD.

Leave a comment:

• Agileguy_101
    replied

You might have better luck asking this question on The Gear Page. I've seen very little talk of the SL drive here, I don't think anybody even owns one.

Leave a comment:

• Xotic SL Drive add to a already overdriven Marshall

Has anyone tried the Xotic SL Drive to a already overdriven Marshall to add some saturation/crunch/cut.
Working...
X