X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff5
    replied
    Re: Triaxis/GMajor/Ground Control

I don't think the old one is that much different to program than the Pro. The Pro has less shared buttons which may make it a bit easier. However, I've read the manuals for both and they seem really similar.

Leave a comment:

• dystrust
    replied

Originally posted by Jeff5 View Post
    Lol! Yeah, totally my bonehead fault. It really is kind of a learning curve though. For years I used a very basic GP8 controlling my Triaxis set up and didn't mess much with it. This is the first time I've really gone with a board capable of so much. Once you get the hang of it, it really isn't too bad at all.

I also have to gloat, got the Ground Control (not the pro, the original) for $100 and the GMajor for $125! Lol that's less than many pedals and it sounds really good.
    My bad, I assumed you had the Ground Control Pro. I haven't tried programming an original Ground Control, but the Pro is one of the easiest foot controllers I've seen. The last time I programmed one was helping a friend set up his effects rack with an original G-Major back in 2007 or 2008. I remember being really shocked at how good the delays & reverb were in the G-Major for the price of the unit, even if I wasn't impressed with its chorus or phase. I'm seriously looking at a G-Major II with the updated G-System effects - I keep telling myself that I don't need an effects rack, but I seriously HATE tap-dancing.
    Last edited by dystrust; 03-26-2014, 04:53 PM. Reason: grammar fail.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff5
    replied

Lol! Yeah, totally my bonehead fault. It really is kind of a learning curve though. For years I used a very basic GP8 controlling my Triaxis set up and didn't mess much with it. This is the first time I've really gone with a board capable of so much. Once you get the hang of it, it really isn't too bad at all.

I also have to gloat, got the Ground Control (not the pro, the original) for $100 and the GMajor for $125! Lol that's less than many pedals and it sounds really good.

Leave a comment:

• ParameterMan
    replied

I just want to gloat. The instant I saw the OP I thought "something's on the wrong channel." Pretty sure it's not user error though - I'm convinced there are little MIDI gremlins that twiddle important settings in the early morn before an important gig.

Leave a comment:

• dystrust
    replied

No problem. Every few weeks I debate whether I should build an effects rack (G-Major / GCX) to go along with my current rig or just stick with the pedal board. Glad it's working out for you.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff5
    replied

Thanks man, I appreciate the help. I tracked it down to a midi-channel problem and basically user error on my part!

Leave a comment:

• dystrust
    replied

Hi Jeff,
    Are both devices showing in the Device Name / Channel menu of the Ground Control? If not, enter whichever device is missing. Then edit a preset and be sure to select a program change for each device. After saving the preset, your GC should be controlling both devices.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff5
    replied

Hi Dystrust. Yes, the Triaxis is programmed on channel 1 and the GMajor on channel 2. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• dystrust
    replied

First of all, do you know which channels your Triaxis and G-Major are operating on? It's been a while since I've programmed a Ground Control, but I believe it has a device memory where you can specify which channels down stream devices are connected to (details on page 6 of manual here). When creating a patch you'll need to specify a program change for both devices in order guarantee that both devices will be on the intended program when changing.

After that's working you can set up instant access switches within a given Ground Control patch to change or bypass G-Major effects blocks. I'm not as familiar with the Triaxis, so I don't know what midi continuous controllers it'll respond to.
    Last edited by dystrust; 03-23-2014, 09:26 PM. Reason: Additional info

Leave a comment:

• Jeff5
    started a topic Triaxis/GMajor/Ground Control

Triaxis/GMajor/Ground Control

I'm having a lot of problems setting up my rig. I know some of you have used this set up, so I wonder if anyone can please help me here.

First, the GC was controlling the Tri and GMajor on the same channel. I wanted the GMajor to stay on one channel and only switch the Tri. I couldn't get this to work.

Then I did something where the GC is only controlling the GMajor and won't send anything to the Tri.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by Jeff5; 03-23-2014, 08:38 PM.
Working...
X