anyone tried the tech 21 plexi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone tried the tech 21 plexi?

i dont know any shops around here that might stock one to try out, but going by this demo, id wager it would be an excellent option running thru one of my fender amps for some crunchy action. Im seriously considering just getting one on the strength of this demo alone.
    If you've tried one out, let me know what you thought.
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Re: anyone tried the tech 21 plexi?

I use one through both my BF Fender Pro Reverb and an early NMV 50 watt Marshall...Great pedal,versatile,lots of mileage from all the controls..I've had mine awhile and use it alot.I bought mine after listening to and watching this video! ;o)

Mine isn't the newer hot rod version...I have the Tech 21 British..
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
      i dont know any shops around here that might stock one to try out, but going by this demo, id wager it would be an excellent option running thru one of my fender amps for some crunchy action. Im seriously considering just getting one on the strength of this demo alone.
      If you've tried one out, let me know what you thought.

I'm curious about this pedal as well. I've got an old Marshall Artist 3203 head (solid state preamp/EL34 30-Watt tube power amp) and even though I had it serviced still not digging the sound of it.. Now granted my band plays modern metal in drop B and you'll see the other amps in my sig that I use for the band but the idea I've had for a while because the Marshall is a lower wattage it seems like it would be ideal for these clubs we play at where my other monster amps are just overkill. Now granted my Marshall is all stock and I don't have the C13 mod done to the clean channel but I did recently pick up 2 EQ pedals: a Danelectro fish and chips 7 band and an mxr 6 band. I know from videos I've seen on youtube hot rodded plexi's can do modern metal but I play other styles as well Ex: Ratt, 80's metal classic rock/hard rock etc. Would this pedal work well into the clean channel of my Marshall and then using one of my eq pedals in the effects loop?
      Charvel Model-5fx EMG 85/SA
      Epiphone Les Paul Custom Korean SD JB/Jazz
      Custom Made Ernie Ball Musicman Copy Dimarzio Super Distortion's
      2019 EVH 5150 III 50 Watt Head 6L6
      1995 Mesa Boogie Tremoverb converted to Head
      Mesa Tremoverb 2x12 cab (factory Vintage 30's) converted to closed back
      Marshall 1960A 4x12 (2 Celestion G12T-75's and 2 WGS Retro 30's X patterned
      Pedaltrain Mini: Currently on pedalboard: ModTone MT-CB Clean Boost, Zoom MS-70CDR, Korg Pitchblack Tuner)

Comment

dunno - but you could potentially plug it straight into the fx return of your marshall and use it instead of the marshall preamp.
        "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
        Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Those Tech 21 pedals are really great. Lots of versatility and great sound coming out of them, plus they double as an amp (through a PA) in a pinch.

I haven't tried the Plexi but I owned the Oxford (Orange) and Blonde (Fender) at different times.
          Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
          Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

i think them ones have got speaker emulation etc and this plexi one has none so its more for plugging into an amps front end rather than as a standalone amp simulator thing for recording or into the PA
            Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Working...
            X