Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eq pedals

hi guys,
    some guys here in the UK favour the boss ge7 EQ pedal, do you guys use/favour this pedal???? or what other EQ pedals do you use???? like to hear your comments,

all the best, bluesfloyd,

Re: eq pedals

I swear by the MXR 10band EQ !
    Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

I had the BOSS GE7 for years but now prefer the MX 10 band EQ, just for that extra bit of control over EQ bands and input/output levels.

Comment

I have a GE7. It was pretty annoying in stock form. It was noisy as hell and sucked out a lot of treble and midrange detail from my sound. So I modded it with a Monte Allums mod which fixed those problems, and now I basically use it like a clean boost. I leave it on pretty much all the time.

Comment

What Agile said. I'd use a Boss and not worry, but I'd rather have the Monte Allums. MXR is ok too. I'm just not a huge fan of any. But if it is needed, then whatever. As always - noise may be an issue, or maybe not.

To me, it really depends on what you want to do with the EQ:
          - more detailed sound sculpting?
          - clean boost?
          - notch trouble frequencies?
          - Lead boost w/ tone change?
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I would strongly suggest the SourceAudio Programmable EQ. It has a small form factor but packs a lot of power. The nice thing is you can program in 4 unique presets, a nice chunky rhythm, maybe a scooped mids sound or a little boost for your leads. There is also a 12db boost built into it.

Comment

Love my MXR 10 band
              -IM

Comment

The ge7 will get the job done and more! But make sure it's modded. There's a shop on eBay, modestmike, that can do the service.

Comment

hi guys,
                  big thanks for the above posts, guys here in the UK use the boss ge7, but do need to mod it for best results, they use http://www.pedalmods.com/for-sale.html here in the UK,
                  do you guys ever need to mod the mxr EQ pedals?????

all the best, bluesfloyd,

Comment

I just ordered an Earthquaker Tone Job. It's a different kind of EQ pedal for sure but for adding a clean boost and sculpting the tone of my overdrive and fuzz pedals, it fit the bill. I will review once I can work it into my rig.
                    "Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.” --John Lennon

Comment

Originally posted by CTN View Post
                      I have a GE7. It was pretty annoying in stock form. It was noisy as hell and sucked out a lot of treble and midrange detail from my sound. So I modded it with a Monte Allums mod which fixed those problems, and now I basically use it like a clean boost. I leave it on pretty much all the time.
                      Interesting. Had one many years back, and I felt the same way. Didn't know about mods then, though. I know the Allums mod was good for my SD-1.

Comment

I used a GE-7 for years as a solo boost, set up with a big mid-hump as well as overall level gain. I never though it was noisy or needed modding. I've been thinking lately of finding another, just have around.

Back in the old days, the MXRs didn't have stomp switches, fine for always-on applications but useless for my needs. Do modern MXRs have switches ?
                        Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                        Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

I agree rich - in a band setting it will do just fine. Noise is minor. Recording, not so much. Still, the albums mod is sweet….
                          Originally posted by Bad City
                          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Hmm I have been looking at the Joyo versions of the MXR 6 band
                            EHD
                            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I have the new MXR 10-band on my acoustic pedal board--very handy.

If you want an EQ tailored for guitar frequencies, check out the new Mesa 5-band EQ pedal. If it does what the 5-band EQs in their amps do, it should be a winner.

Bill
                              When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Working...
                              X