banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some new MESA Boogie Pedals (video demos)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some new MESA Boogie Pedals (video demos)

I don't think these have been mentioned before, but these videos went up last night

I quite like the Flux-Five myself
    Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Re: Some new MESA Boogie Pedals (video demos)

if I posted a clip or tune with the tone of that first video most dudes on here would put my head on a stake, and rightfully so. then he turns that last knob to make it even more grating, ugh

last one sounded pretty neat.
    Last edited by DankStar; 05-01-2014, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
      if I posted a clip or tune with the tone of that first video most dudes on here would put my head on a stake, and rightfully so.
      I'd willingly put the stake through my own ears, but for the sake of completeness and the brotherly love for those who like such things, I thought I'd share...
      Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

I think the first one would be okay with some slightly better EQing. WAY too much bass, and I like deep heavy tones.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
        @ArizonaVoters

Comment

For what I do, it would be the Flux Five or the EQ. I would never need the gain in the Throttle Box.

Bill
          When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again - the awesomeness that is the Mesa Boogie product line is directly and inversely proportional to the awesomeness of their demos of high gain tones.
            Custom neck-thru strat
            1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
            1995 PRS CE24
            D'avanzo #8
            Breedlove Solo Concert
            1996 USA Dean Baby Z
            1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
            1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
            Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
              I've said it before and I'll say it again - the awesomeness that is the Mesa Boogie product line is directly and inversely proportional to the awesomeness of their demos of high gain tones.
              I wonder if it sounds good to the guy playing, but just gets killed by the recording camera/YouTube effect.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
              @ArizonaVoters

Comment

What kills me is in the last video he actually has a half decent mid boost going on when he first engages the pedal, then immediately scoops the hell out of it before playing another note. I want to just shoot whoever tells them that the only way to set up a graphic eq is in a V shape!
                Last edited by Nacho8807; 05-01-2014, 09:34 PM.
                Originally posted by Rockstar216
                Musician thinking - nice strat, looks like a 62, that Marshall JCM 800 sounds great, the lead guitarist could use a bit less treble

Bar patron thinking - Wonder if these guys know "Free bird"?

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie Bill View Post
                  For what I do, it would be the Flux Five or the EQ. I would never need the gain in the Throttle Box.

Bill
                  Same here. Maybe someday I'll get both. I think I'd take the EQ first, though.
                  Go Packers!

Comment

Working...
                  X