Searching for a pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for a pedal

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone know of a pedal that can blend in a FX loop signal slowly.

It's similar to the Morley FX Blender but instead of it being an expression pedal,
    it just uses a knob to control how fast (or slow) the FX loop starts blending in.

What I want to achieve is that on stage, I can be playing my guitar without effects, and once i stomp the pedal, the FX loop (say a fuzz) starts ramping up and blending with my dry signal.

I've looked at the following, similar but not exactly what I want
    Xotic, X-Blend
    Coopersonic Fader
    darth fader

Re: Searching for a pedal

A volume pedal is probably your easiest option, or a Boss Slow Gear (or clone thereof) at the end of the loop chain.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
    Originally posted by Securb
    The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

Originally posted by trevorus View Post
      A volume pedal is probably your easiest option, or a Boss Slow Gear (or clone thereof) at the end of the loop chain.
      I was looking at some Slow Gear demos, and most people use it as a volume swell,
      its quite interesting but not entirely what i am trying to get after.

not too familiar with FX loops, of my two amps only 1 have an FX loop so i've been running pedals up front.
      wouldn't a volume pedal at the end of an FX loop just kill the output?
      if i put a Volume pedal at the end of the chain, when the volume is off, there should be no sound right?

Comment

That depends on how you run the effects loop. A parallel effects loop won't have this problem, though there might be some volume drop. The other option is a pedal actuated blender of some sort, where you switch between the two with volume pedal like operation.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
        Originally posted by Securb
        The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

I can't think of anything that does exactly what you're looking for, but I don't think the slow gear will work because it is an envelope follower.
          Custom neck-thru strat
          1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
          1995 PRS CE24
          D'avanzo #8
          Breedlove Solo Concert
          1996 USA Dean Baby Z
          1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
          1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
          Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

probably something from loopmaster or that volume foot dial from EWS http://ews-us.com/item_volumeCtrl.php?item=custom
            Crash49 - my music on amazon and itunes
            http://a.co/8ht5Qes

Comment

(putting my flame suit on)
              The Digitech Dan Donegan pedal has this feature,
              when the pedal is engaged, a Phaser effect is present, then when you engage the pedal again, it will slowly ramp up the distortion.

Problem is, the distortion sound is digital and thin. There's also no way to change the tone or gain.

So that's why I have this thought of having some sort of ramping distortion.

The Morely FX blender does seem like it would do similar to what I want, but again, its discontinued and also huge.
              Wondering if anyone know of something else (or like a DIY stomp box)

Comment

Just saw a demo of the ZVex Loop Gate. With some creative use it might be what you are looking for.

I think an "easy" DIY would be to get an old broken Crybaby and replace the pot with a stacked blender pot like you'd use to blend two pickups, then drill an extra input wired into the blender pot. It would blend between two inputs into one output. You'd use it like this: guitar into stereo pedal to split the signal (could even be a tuner with dry out). One side goes to phaser the other side goes to distortion. Both go into the new "blender" pedal. Output is wherever your blender pedal is swept to.

Does this make sense to anyone else?
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                  Just saw a demo of the ZVex Loop Gate. With some creative use it might be what you are looking for.

I think an "easy" DIY would be to get an old broken Crybaby and replace the pot with a stacked blender pot like you'd use to blend two pickups, then drill an extra input wired into the blender pot. It would blend between two inputs into one output. You'd use it like this: guitar into stereo pedal to split the signal (could even be a tuner with dry out). One side goes to phaser the other side goes to distortion. Both go into the new "blender" pedal. Output is wherever your blender pedal is swept to.

Does this make sense to anyone else?
                  Hmm I think I understand how that would work.
                  I do have a spare wah that I can use...

I suppose it can be like this

Guitar signal --> [ABY out to signal 1,2]
                  Signal 1 --> blend pot input 1
                  Signal 2 --> distortion chain --> blend pot input 2
                  [blend pot output] --> amp

Comment

Working...
                  X