my pedals sound bad when mixed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my pedals sound bad when mixed

So I have the dime cry baby, the ocd and a distortion. Whenever I mix the wah with the ocd or distortion it sounds quiet on the heel and super loud and gainy on the toe. It only sounds good with on board effects. Solutions?

Re: my pedals sound bad when mixed

in what order do u have these pedals connected when u have this problem

Comment

ocds can be tricky with wahs. its to do with the impedance. same kind of stuff you deal with when using a fuzz face (only to a lesser extent).
      Having said that, its worth bearing in mind that dime used to run his wah's after his gain pedals, so that might be a factor too.

....when you say "on board effects", are you talking about a digital amp? If so, then all bets are off when it comes to using pedals. It can be a pretty hit and miss affair.
      Last edited by Chickenwings; 05-29-2014, 03:55 AM.
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Wah,ocd,distortion

Comment

Wah,ocd,distortion

Comment

OK I'll try moving my wah and yes its a digital head

Comment

I fixed it! Just put my wah at the end

Comment

I like the wah after distortion for a lot of stuff too. It becomes much more pronounced that way though which doesn't work for some stuff.
                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Unfortunate thing is some effects just aren't compatible in an effects chain - there are buffers that might help, but not having tried either the Wah or OCD, can't tell you what might work.

If you're looking to upgrade, Fulltone has a wah with a fuzz compatible buffer installed.

Comment

Oh wow that sounds cool! I'll check it out

Comment

Working...
                    X