All the multifx are belong to us! (NPD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All the multifx are belong to us! (NPD

I would apologize for the crappy picture, but I don't really care and I'm getting a new board sometime next month so this picture will be outdated quite soon.

I just got the H9 today and I got to play with it for a few hours. The hype is real - this pedal is beyond phenomenal. It's literally a box full of inspiration with one of the easiest to use interfaces ever. Using my iPad to control it makes me never want to have to bend down to adjust my pedals again. And the fx sound incredible. But perhaps my favorite part is running it in stereo. It's a sublime tonal experience unlike most anything I've ever experienced.

I also picked up a Dunlop DVP3. I was using it a bit and it's a damn fine unit for my first volume pedal. The feel is sublime and the taper is very pleasant. There's just no room for it on my board and there's no point redoing the cabling to run it off the board when I'll be doing that when my new board comes in anyway.
    Last edited by Agileguy_101; 06-26-2014, 01:50 AM.
    Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Re: All the multifx are belong to us! (NPD

Your impression of the H9 pretty much matches mine (if you dig up my review of the H9 from several months ago). I really need a volume pedal as well but have never wanted to spend the $$ manufacturers want for it.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Mmm...fuzzy.

Nice board.
       Originally Posted by DreX

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

holy ****, that's a nice board. This is probably the most expensive board on this forum, that I've seen so far.

That JMP pedal looks really interesting too. Looks like you have all bases covered.

Comment

Let me haz the mobius

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
            Your impression of the H9 pretty much matches mine (if you dig up my review of the H9 from several months ago). I really need a volume pedal as well but have never wanted to spend the $$ manufacturers want for it.
            Yeah I remember you talking about using the H9. It really is incredible, especially when paired with the H9 Control app. I think I will be getting a compact MIDI controller for it as well so I can avoid the missteps that I experienced when jamming with it yesterday.

Originally posted by Big Flannel View Post
            Mmm...fuzzy.

Nice board.
            Why thanks. One of my favorite fuzzes (Germanium Sunface) is actually off the board at the moment, but once that NYC comes in there should be enough room to put it back on. It'll be a fuzzy wonderland.

Originally posted by qaiso View Post
            holy ****, that's a nice board. This is probably the most expensive board on this forum, that I've seen so far.

That JMP pedal looks really interesting too. Looks like you have all bases covered.
            Thanks! Yeah, I think that once everything is said and done (new pedalboard, adding my vol/wah pedals and new power supply, new cables, patch bay/interface, etc) it should be just under 5K. If I can resist the temptation to buy a bunch of H9 algorithms. If.

The JMP drive is fantastic. I've had it for the better part of two years and it will never leave. The whole idea of this board was ultimate versatility - I can bring it to almost any jam situation and have great tones that work for whatever the people I'm with want to play. The only thing I'm missing is a modern metal tone device, but I'm thinking about picking up a Mesa Throttle Box EQ just for those times that I want those tones.

Or I could just get a Dual Rectifier, early 90's models can be had around here for about ~$800... maybe someday.

Oh and H9 *****ES! This thing is incredible. I can't overstate how incredible it is. Did I mention it's incredible?
            Last edited by Agileguy_101; 06-26-2014, 02:03 PM.
            Custom neck-thru strat
            1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
            1995 PRS CE24
            D'avanzo #8
            Breedlove Solo Concert
            1996 USA Dean Baby Z
            1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12

Comment

Originally posted by SteveAlysis View Post
              Let me haz the mobius
              Le no

Mobius>H9's mod effects
              Custom neck-thru strat
              1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
              1995 PRS CE24
              D'avanzo #8
              Breedlove Solo Concert
              1996 USA Dean Baby Z

Comment

Sweet! The H9 really is an impressive little box. I'm glad you finally grabbed one.
                After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Comment

It's a good thing I've got a new board being built right now, because I sure could use one... especially considering I'm going to be putting my sunface back on the new board, making room for a pedalboard interface, and a EP booster sized MIDI controller for the H9. This will be one poppin' board.

Custom neck-thru strat
                  1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                  1995 PRS CE24
                  D'avanzo #8
                  Breedlove Solo Concert
                  1996 USA Dean Baby Z

Comment

I've gotta head out to your neck of the woods so we can jam. Maybe jon the art guy can break away from from his hell spawn and join in. Young thrasher too.
                     Originally Posted by DreX

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

If you're going down the MIDI road, why not get something that can control the H9 *and* the Strymons? I think you'd dig changing presets on all 3 units with one stomp.
                      After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by FretFire View Post
                        If you're going down the MIDI road, why not get something that can control the H9 *and* the Strymons? I think you'd dig changing presets on all 3 units with one stomp.
                        You know I actually hadn't because I really like being able to bank up and down on each device individually. Does something like the DMC-6 (or 7 or 8) have the ability to choose between preset management and "manual" mode?
                        Custom neck-thru strat
                        1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                        1995 PRS CE24
                        D'avanzo #8
                        Breedlove Solo Concert
                        1996 USA Dean Baby Z

Comment

have u been using the strymons in front of the amp or in any amp effects loop?

Comment

Originally posted by qaiso View Post
                            I'm guessing I can run him pretty close...
                            Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Originally posted by everdrone View Post
                              have u been using the strymons in front of the amp or in any amp effects loop?
                              My amp doesn't have an effects loop. I will, however, be getting an interface that will let me run the Strymons and the H9 in an fx loop should I ever need to use a modern amp.

Originally posted by Chris of Arabia View Post
                              I'm guessing I can run him pretty close...
                              I think you, Bruce and I have some of the most xxxpensive boards of all the forum regulars.
                              Custom neck-thru strat
                              1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                              1995 PRS CE24
                              D'avanzo #8
                              Breedlove Solo Concert
                              1996 USA Dean Baby Z

Comment

Working...
                              X