Self-assembly patch cable kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self-assembly patch cable kits?

Whilst I'm largely sorted for short 6" patch cables, I need a couple of slightly longer runs (2-3') that I think I'm going to have to make up to size. Other than the Lava kits, are there any other brands that are worth looking at out there? One thing I do want to do is minimise the plug sizes as much as possible.
    Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Re: Self-assembly patch cable kits?

I use George L's
    GFS has a kit I'm not familiar with
    Hermetico seems to like a European brand I don't recall the name

*(Sent from my durned phone!)*
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Planet Waves kits are nice but the plugs aren't exactly small ,I bought 2 of them about 8 years ago or so and all the cables are still in use.http://www.musiciansfriend.com/acces...oard-cable-kit
      Originally posted by Oinkus
      I had Big Flannel over here the other night , cleaned up his Tele and did some setup on it , took out the camera and set it down on the desk. I am easily distrac

Comment

Pro Co Guitar & Instrument Cable 55% Shield 1 ft. USAThis professional grade Musicmover guitar, instrument and small signal cable was designed to withstand the rigors of on road touring and everyday use. Also perfect for making high quality low loise RCA patch cables. Each cable features a 20 gauge stranded center conductor and a 100% coverage, extruded barrier super flexible black PVC jacket plus a spiral 55% wound copper shield. ProCo Musicmover brand. Made in USA. .235"/6mm OD Jacket. Sold per foot - minimum order 10 ft.

You could just buy some Right Angle plugs...and 20 feet of cable.
        You will have 2-3 foot cables for the rest of you life.
        Last edited by zzmoore; 06-29-2014, 10:01 PM.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY73mb28orM
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35mZ4BAvEbg
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nToonE52DG8
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMl-ddFbSF0

Comment

I use the Wilde kit. Tiny plugs, great cable (and they give you a lot of it) and I have never had one fail. George L's do fail once in awhile. You can easily fix them, but when looking down at a pedalboard and seeing 6 cables, and not knowing which one(s) it is, it isn't fun.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

If you want easy-peasy then Wilde is you ticket. You can also do Mogami 2524 with GLS plugs if you want to solder.

Comment

I used the planet waves kit too

super cheap and easy, sounds good

Comment

The more I look at the options, the more I think I'll end up picking up one of the Lava kits. As much as anything, because it is probably the easiest for me to pick up. I might end up with a temporary fix for now, as I'm not in the UK until September now.

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

I use George L's, but for the same reason you are using Lava -- I can pick 'em up locally. Lava makes a great product, so nothing to worry about.
                  Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                  My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Haven't had any problems with my Planet Waves pedal board kit I got a handful of years ago. I was a little weary of the solderless aspect, but once you know how to get them in there good they stay. Even had alot of leftover cable which i just used with some other soldered jacks I had in a parts bin.
                    TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

I think I may have solved the immediate problem. I found a couple of Neutrik R/A jack plugs that have sat unused for a while. There will be something of a tear in my eye though as I cannibalise a brand new, and also unused, Fender instrument cable to make up what I need.

Comment

Success

I have bought musicians gear 3 for $15 Mic cables for the same purpose
                        To.make short xlr patches

*(Sent from my durned phone!)*
                        EHD
                        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
                        X