Jordan! Does this look about right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordan! Does this look about right?

I'm not sure whether the actual pedal position on the board might need a tweak, but the cabling looks about right.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2320_1024px.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	5834122
    Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Re: Jordan! Does this look about right?

Who's Jordan?

What am I looking at here? (Noise gate placement?)

Where's the output?
    "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

I'm at work at the moment, give me about an hour or so and I'll take a look at it.

EDIT: Yeah that looks good.
      Last edited by Agileguy_101; 07-02-2014, 12:18 PM.
      Custom neck-thru strat
      1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
      1995 PRS CE24
      D'avanzo #8
      Breedlove Solo Concert
      1996 USA Dean Baby Z
      1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
      1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
      Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

^^ meet Jordan...

Originally posted by Red_Label View Post
        Who's Jordan?

What am I looking at here? (Noise gate placement?)

Where's the output?

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

I'm looking forward to your thoughts on the Mobius.
          Custom neck-thru strat
          1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
          1995 PRS CE24
          D'avanzo #8
          Breedlove Solo Concert
          1996 USA Dean Baby Z
          1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12

Comment

OK, it's all wired up now. I had no idea how much time that would take to get things positioned, re-positioned, cabled, powered, organised and buttoned dow so that I could finally plugg it all back into the amp. It's done though, and after all that, it worked first time and is remarkably quiet in operation. The only way you can make it noisy is to stack dirt on top of dirt several times. Here's the end result then.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2323_1200px.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	5779876

All I have to do now is to get settings sorted right the way across the board, including the Mobius, which I now have to learn to operate...

Comment

Forgive me if I already imparted this particular nugget of Strymon wisdom, but I think that the best approach to getting to know the Mobius is this: just scroll through the stock presets and only mess with the speed, depth, level, and param knobs. Unlike other pedals I've used *cougheventidecough* most if not all of the factory presets on Strymon devices are fantastic. For getting started, I would leave the deeper editing parameters alone excepting perhaps the pre/post feature. This way you get a feel for most of what the pedal can offer without getting to caught up in tweaking.

Also, how are you liking the BlueSky?
              Last edited by Agileguy_101; 07-05-2014, 04:55 PM. Reason: I durped
              Custom neck-thru strat
              1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
              1995 PRS CE24
              D'avanzo #8
              Breedlove Solo Concert
              1996 USA Dean Baby Z

Comment

Who's got a big sky?

Also, are you using the Möbius in a mode that allows pre or post gain configuration? If so, pretty cool!
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                  Who's got a big sky?
                  All of TGP.

Also, are you using the Möbius in a mode that allows pre or post gain configuration? If so, pretty cool!
                  Yes he is. I've had my Mobius for about half a year now and it wasn't until Chris asked me what I thought about the Pre/Post mode that I decided to actually, y'know, try it. (I actually did use it once before, in the feedback loop of my Timeline. That was WILD fun. Seriously, it was some of the coolest delay action I've ever had.) After using it for an hour or so I was convinced I needed to utilize the pre/post feature. I'm just waiting on my new pedalboard to wire it up.
                  Last edited by Agileguy_101; 07-05-2014, 04:58 PM.
                  Custom neck-thru strat
                  1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                  1995 PRS CE24
                  D'avanzo #8
                  Breedlove Solo Concert
                  1996 USA Dean Baby Z

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
                    All of TGP.
                    You implied someone here has one?
                    Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
                    Yes he is. I've had my Mobius for about half a year now and it wasn't until Chris asked me what I thought about the Pre/Post mode that I decided to actually, y'know, try it. (I actually did use it once before, in the feedback loop of my Timeline. That was WILD fun. Seriously, it was some of the coolest delay action I've ever had.) After using it for an hour or so I was convinced I needed to utilize the pre/post feature. I'm just waiting on my new pedalboard to wire it up.
                    Very cool, is it pre/post per patch?
                    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

You implied someone here has one?

Very cool, is it pre/post per patch?
                      Nah, I just had a brain fart.

Yeah, you can set it up per patch. You can also (per patch) set up an expression pedal, should you have one connected, to switch between pre or post signal routing.
                      Custom neck-thru strat
                      1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                      1995 PRS CE24
                      D'avanzo #8
                      Breedlove Solo Concert
                      1996 USA Dean Baby Z

Comment

Who's got a big sky?

It is set up to use the Pre/Post option, allowing me to have the Möbius both in front of and in the loop of the V30, along with varying selections of pedals. I'll do a complete signal path later, but for now, it's time I was up and heading into work.

Comment

As promised then...

Boss TU2 Tuner - Coca Comp compressor - Drybell Vibe Machine - Strymon Mobius (Pre) - Noel Cornet - Dunlop Fuzzface - Rockbox Boiling Point - Mesa Grid Slammer - Mesa Flux Drive - Bogner Ecstasy Blue - Victory V30 input - Victory V30 send - Strymon Mobius (Post) - Malekko 616 LoFi - Boss DD20 - Strymon Blue Sky - Victory V30 return

Comment

Working...
                          X