banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yo, Jordan! (and anybody else who cares)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yo, Jordan! (and anybody else who cares)

Not "beaten, bruised and with boot-marks all over"?

Sorry that's probably a bit over the line for here.

Comment

Nah, bruh. I take care of my stuff.

a slight edit may be a good idea though, homie.
       Originally Posted by DreX

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Flannel View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]55410[/ATTACH]
        I bet switching between the verse and the chorus, to the audience it looks like your shoes are on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
          I bet switching between the verse and the chorus, to the audience it looks like your shoes are on fire.
          Yeah, there's no way I'd ever be able to run them all. I am however willing to try.

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

But are you willing to power them all?

Side note - what do you think of the dirt circuit in the Slash Wah? I tried that wah a while ago at a Guitar Center and I didn't much care for it, but you must like it if you've kept it.
            Custom neck-thru strat
            1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
            1995 PRS CE24
            D'avanzo #8
            Breedlove Solo Concert
            1996 USA Dean Baby Z
            1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
            1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
            Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
              But are you willing to power them all?

Side note - what do you think of the dirt circuit in the Slash Wah? I tried that wah a while ago at a Guitar Center and I didn't much care for it, but you must like it if you've kept it.
              The boost circuit essentially has two settings, slight and feedback. Its okay for putting a touch of hair on the signal but I don't use it much. To be honest, I like the sweep of the pedal but I'd prefer the Jerry Cantrell wah that came out immediately after my return period ended.

Comment

Trust me, I know the feeling.

Having so many pedals will keep you from getting bored, though.

What are you looking to get?
                Right now I'm planning on getting a second Delay pedal, a Reverb, and a tuner pedal. I already talked to a guy about buying his tuner pedal off of him for like 50 bucks or something. It's just the standard BOSS one everyone knows and loves. Can't go wrong.

EDIT: I almost forgot to mention, now that Seymour Duncan released that 805 overdrive pedal, that's gotten my GAS to be in absolute full bore. By golly, that thing just screams tone! And the EQ feature is just genius.
                Last edited by Mad-Max; 07-04-2014, 11:20 PM.

Comment

that's a lotta pedal.
                  I think you should do smaller boards by function. Easier to power too; just get a DC brick for each one and daisy chain into a nice surge protector.
                  Originally posted by Funkfingers
                  Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad-Max View Post
                    Right now I'm planning on getting a second Delay pedal, a Reverb, and a tuner pedal. I already talked to a guy about buying his tuner pedal off of him for like 50 bucks or something. It's just the standard BOSS one everyone knows and loves. Can't go wrong.

EDIT: I almost forgot to mention, now that Seymour Duncan released that 805 overdrive pedal, that's gotten my GAS to be in absolute full bore. By golly, that thing just screams tone! And the EQ feature is just genius.
                    Those tuners are great but I've never bought one. I'd say at that price its a good deal.

The 805 looks like it might be pretty sweet, I'd like to try one nefore I buy it though

Right now I'd like to get a compressor. Wither the SP or maybe that EQD Warden, (just because of the sweet graphic on it), I'm not sure if I need on though. granted, that's never stopped me before.

Comment

I had a Wampler Ego that was fantastic. I just found I had no need for a compressor. I've also heard very good things about the Diamond.
                      Custom neck-thru strat
                      1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                      1995 PRS CE24
                      D'avanzo #8
                      Breedlove Solo Concert
                      1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                      1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                      1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                      Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
                        I had a Wampler Ego that was fantastic. I just found I had no need for a compressor. I've also heard very good things about the Diamond.
                        I hear you. I looked into a bunch of compressors a little while ago and to be honest, I'm gonna hold off on buying one. I did find a couple of EQD pedals that I don't think I can live without, so now I'm ****ed.

Comment

I have been running 20 pedals plus off a boss tuner for over 10 years no idea about why everyone "needs" a big ass power supply suddenly? A one spot with sufficient daisy chains will do it too for 30ish bucks. Anything that has different needs for power use the wall wart and a power strip. You are missing an EQ or 2 (one for the chain one for the loop as a boost maybe) a TU 3 tuner is plenty good. The compression thing the way I use it is a must for me and you have used the Xotic SP here , but there are good cheaper ones like a Barber Tone Press off CL $80 used. You also don't have the required cabling I am betting ? Like I said before you should bring what you want to use as your standard rig over and we can test it,tweak it and make it work properly. Basically you are looking at 2 pedaltrain boards a pro and a pt 3 smaller travel/jam board, would go one hardcase one bag if you aren't going to go all out Grande! Oops ! A G string and a decimator too !
                          Last edited by Oinkus; 07-05-2014, 03:30 PM.
                          Originally posted by Oinkus
                          I had Big Flannel over here the other night , cleaned up his Tele and did some setup on it , took out the camera and set it down on the desk. I am easily distrac

Comment

I barely understand how to use it, but I'm able to get some really, really cool lo-fi clean tones and some nasty, disgusting, glitchy bit-crushing fuzz of death sounds like early heroin fueld Trent Reznor recordings.
                            Originally posted by kevlar3000
                            I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                            Originally posted by Zerberus
                            Better is often the enemy of good
                            Originally posted by ginormous
                            Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Those tuners are great but I've never bought one. I'd say at that price its a good deal.

The 805 looks like it might be pretty sweet, I'd like to try one nefore I buy it though

Right now I'd like to get a compressor. Wither the SP or maybe that EQD Warden, (just because of the sweet graphic on it), I'm not sure if I need on though. granted, that's never stopped me before.
                              I whenever really considered buying a tuner pedal, 'til I realized how important a tuner was to me not too long ago, and realized that I needed one in pedal form, because why not?

I would definitely love to try the 805 before I buy it, but unfortunately, I haven't seen any place by where I live that even sell Seymour Duncan pedals period. I haven't seen the Dirty Deed Distortion or the Vapor Trail delay anywhere, and I'd like to try all of them.

A compressor actually doesn't sound like a bad idea, now that you mention it. I'd probably mainly use it for cleans though.

Comment

You sir insane, I love it. I spread my stuff out throughout the house. I would never bunch it up like that in one spot for a picture. If the wife saw that pile of boxes or even the picture it would be no more NPD for me for a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X