ZVEX fuzzes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZVEX fuzzes

Can anyone shed some light on the main differences between Fuzz Factory, Fat Fuzz Factory, Mastotron and Fuzzolo?
    There are two kinds of people in this world that go around beardless—boys and women, and I am neither one

Re: ZVEX fuzzes

The Fat FF is a FF with an option for more low end

The Fullolo is a Mastotron with less controls

The Mastotron and Fuzz Factory have little in common besides being ZVex fuzzes...
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I have the Mastotron.

Very nice fuzz box.

MASSIVE amount of low end rumble, thanks to the little toggle switch.

Now, i want to try a Wooly Mammoth.
      Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Does the FF lack low end in the original version?

All of the Fuzzolo tones are in the Mastotron? The only differences are price, size and less controls?
        There are two kinds of people in this world that go around beardless—boys and women, and I am neither one

Comment

Originally posted by Johtosotku View Post
          Does the FF lack low end in the original version?
          No but the Fat version has even more...the SUBS thing comes from the SUBS option on the Mastotron which bass players and guitar players that tune down really love.

Originally posted by Johtosotku View Post
          All of the Fuzzolo tones are in the Mastotron? The only differences are price, size and less controls?
          No, w/o all the controls some things can't be done...

The circuit is the same but the Fuzzolo only has volume and pulse width. No full, no tone and no relax/push...

Think about if you built a plexi with a single volume and a single tone control...still a Plexi sound but not as many options for tone dialing in.
          If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

The fuzzolo is a specific sound out of the mastotron. I believe it just has the volime and waveform knobs.
             Originally Posted by DreX

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

And TGWIF beat me to it.
               Originally Posted by DreX

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

Back up to the top, has anyone used the Fuzzolo? Is it the more traditional settings of the Mastotron or the more off the wall ones?
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                X