From the abyss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the abyss.

My EQD "The Depths" arrived today and I've been playing with it for about an hour and a half of so. Its definitely a contender for the most appropriately named pedal award.

Its a true optical vibe circuit so its fully capable of the classic pulsing effect but where I think it shines is the interactivity of the "voice" and "throb" controls. "Voice" adds low end to the pulse with moderate intensity settings it thickens things up nicely, turn the intensity control up and it creates a wild effect where the "up" portion of the pulse sounds normal and when it hits the apex it suddenly drops back to where it started almost like falling into an abyss.

Think of "throb" as an enhancer for the voice knob. Its a subtle tweak that is more prevalent om the neck pickup. The nest way I can describe it is if you tool your palms and pressed them into your ears. If you listen, you can hear the quiet thump of your pulse. As I said, its subtle but you will notice when its not there after you get accustomed to the feature.

I've played several vibes and this is the first one I've owned. I'm very pleased even though I've only scratched the surfaced as far as the interactivity between the controls.

Oh, it can run on 9-18v, (18v makes it more "hi-fi" and adds sparkle), plus it had the benefit of a level control to overcome perceived volume loss.

Thanks for reading!
     Originally Posted by DreX

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Re: From the abyss.

What parts of a song would you use it for? Specify the genre.

Comment

Originally posted by Letus View Post
      It does the Hendrix, Gilmour, Trower thing, but can also do some cool choppy tremolo and unique phaser sounds as well. Great for classic rock, experimental, ambient, you name it. I am a vibe junkie and I love it. I think the Fulltone sounds more traditional, but the depths wins for versatility and matching multiple guitar and amp settings.
      "Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.” --John Lennon

Comment

Originally posted by Letus View Post
        Anything that needs ambient pulsation. Interludes, sludgy verses, a little warble for leads, anything Floyd-esque.

Etc.

What music do you play? You can use one on your album.

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Flannel View Post
          What music do you play?
          Avant-garde technical progressive post-rock.

You can use one on your album
          No, I can't. It needs $$$.

Comment

It takes more than money, friend.

You'll get there.

Comment

It takes more than money, friend.

You'll get there.
              What takes more than money?

Where will I get?

Don't leave me hanging!

Comment

Think of "throb" as an enhancer for the knob.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                  lol is that Morello and Nicky from Orange is the New Black?

Originally posted by Funkfingers
                  Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

New toys are good ! I like the microvibe but have a hankering for the new fulltone pedal style deja vibe 3. Shame I left my old univibe in the jam room and it walked off. Feel free to chastise me but it was the early 80s and effects were just something we passed around.
                    Originally posted by Oinkus
                    I had Big Flannel over here the other night , cleaned up his Tele and did some setup on it , took out the camera and set it down on the desk. I am easily distrac

Comment

Originally posted by Oinkus View Post
                      New toys are good ! I like the microvibe but have a hankering for the new fulltone pedal style deja vibe 3. Shame I left my old univibe in the jam room and it walked off. Feel free to chastise me but it was the early 80s and effects were just something we passed around.
                      Give this puppy a try.

Comment

That Depths pedal is high on my list to try sometime. Glad you're digging it.

Comment

...And all my friends think I'm bad about buying pedals. Sheesh!

Comment

Working...
                          X