just got a ditto x2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just got a ditto x2

And it looks like it will bump the Akai headrush E2 I've been using live for ten years out of my live set-up. I'll have to test it some more but so far the only gripe I have is the fact that everytime you clear the loop about a second or two of it are heard (we'll see how annoying tis gets live).
    Other than that it's a great pedal, the dedicated off button was a must for me and kept me from getting the first incarnation. The 2 effects could be fun to use live as well...

All in all I'm thinking this may be a winner!

Re: just got a ditto x2

Originally posted by Surgeon View Post
    And it looks like it will bump the Akai headrush E2 I've been using live for ten years out of my live set-up. I'll have to test it some more but so far the only gripe I have is the fact that everytime you clear the loop about a second or two of it are heard (we'll see how annoying tis gets live).
    Other than that it's a great pedal, the dedicated off button was a must for me and kept me from getting the first incarnation. The 2 effects could be fun to use live as well...

All in all I'm thinking this may be a winner!
    The Ditto x2 actually lets you stop immediately! Set the FX switch to STOP, then press and hold the FX footswitch, loop deleted instantly!

Comment

thanks, didn't notice the stop switch could be used to clear the loop as well, I just focused on the "hold to clear" function of the loop switch. No need to bold everything though, I'm not a moron...

Comment

Can it be battery powered? I went with the Jamman Express for a simple looper because it could be battery powered, but that was before the X2 came out. For simple loopers though, both are pretty awesome. They aren't quite like a Boomerang or Echoplex, but they are great for improvising over static chords.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

so far the only gripe I have is the fact that everytime you clear the loop about a second or two of it are heard (we'll see how annoying tis gets live)
          I got rid of my Ditto because of this very thing. Maybe I could have gotten around it somehow, but I didn't take the time to find out. Other than that it was a great simple (tiny!) looper.
          Originally posted by Rockstar216
          Musician thinking - nice strat, looks like a 62, that Marshall JCM 800 sounds great, the lead guitarist could use a bit less treble

Bar patron thinking - Wonder if these guys know "Free bird"?

Comment

No need to bold everything though, I'm not a moron...
            Thank you for saying what I've been thinking for far too long.

Congrats, dude. The Ditto line looks really awesome. I wonder how long it will be until they come out with an X4?
            Custom neck-thru strat
            1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
            1995 PRS CE24
            D'avanzo #8
            Breedlove Solo Concert
            1996 USA Dean Baby Z
            1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
            1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
            Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              Can it be battery powered? I went with the Jamman Express for a simple looper because it could be battery powered, but that was before the X2 came out. For simple loopers though, both are pretty awesome. They aren't quite like a Boomerang or Echoplex, but they are great for improvising over static chords.
              Yes it can, you can use two 9v batteries at once (the pedal draws 100mA so 2 makes more sense for longevity's sake).
              Just for reference, this is how I use loopers live:

sorry, I'm on a tablet and can't embed right now...

I'm not a big jammer, I just layer and build songs like what you see in the video if you watch it to the end. The time limit on the akai was limiting but it is otherwise perfect for me so I'm hoping the x2 will accomplish the same things with added recording time.

Originally posted by Nacho8807 View Post
              I got rid of my Ditto because of this very thing. Maybe I could have gotten around it somehow, but I didn't take the time to find out. Other than that it was a great simple (tiny!) looper.
              Our friend in post number 2 was right: the second switch when used as the stop switch can be used to clear the loop and, contrary to using the loop button, it is completely silent... however you said ditto and not ditto x2 so I'm guessing there's no way around that in the first version....

now I have nothing to say other than I hope it sounds as good as the akai did.
              Last edited by Surgeon; 07-16-2014, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
                Thank you for saying what I've been thinking for far too long.

Congrats, dude. The Ditto line looks really awesome. I wonder how long it will be until they come out with an X4?
                I'm sure they'll expand the line and features as they are on the right track imho. The x2 should be all I need for now.
                Last edited by Surgeon; 07-16-2014, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Our friend in post number 2 was right: the second switch when used as the stop switch can be used to clear the loop and, contrary to using the loop button, it is completely silent... now I have nothing to say other than I hope it sounds as good as the akai did.
                  Unfortunately I did not have the X2, so with only 1 footswitch, I don't think I could have done that. Maybe I'll pick up the X2 next time.
                  Originally posted by Rockstar216
                  Musician thinking - nice strat, looks like a 62, that Marshall JCM 800 sounds great, the lead guitarist could use a bit less treble

Bar patron thinking - Wonder if these guys know "Free bird"?

Comment

Originally posted by Nacho8807 View Post
                    Unfortunately I did not have the X2, so with only 1 footswitch, I don't think I could have done that. Maybe I'll pick up the X2 next time.
                    yeah, you posted before I had time to correct mine...

Comment

thanks, didn't notice the stop switch could be used to clear the loop as well, I just focused on the "hold to clear" function of the loop switch. No need to bold everything though, I'm not a moron...
                      Wow, did not know how sensitive some are in here. Forgive me for trying to highlight what I was referring to. Second, I have seen others mention this very same issue, and I thought it would catch their attention and educate.

SORRY!

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer;3679463[SIZE=2
                        ]Can it be battery powered?[/SIZE] I went with the Jamman Express for a simple looper because it could be battery powered, but that was before the X2 came out. For simple loopers though, both are pretty awesome. They aren't quite like a Boomerang or Echoplex, but they are great for improvising over static chords.
                        Yes, the Ditto x2 accepts batteries. (no bold'ing, no extra sizing added)

Comment

The demos I saw online pointed me towards the Ditto X2, also. The Digitech sound quality was not nearly as good, and the additional tools of the X2 versus the original made a big difference to how I want to work with it. Plus stereo, woot!
                          "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

that seems cool, I wanted a ditto, that one seems better

Comment

The Ditto was fantastic and I really like the X2 just a little bit more. The effects are not something I use but dedicating the second button to stop is wonderful. Can get some crazy backwards stuff if you want.
                              Originally posted by Oinkus
                              I had Big Flannel over here the other night , cleaned up his Tele and did some setup on it , took out the camera and set it down on the desk. I am easily distrac

Comment

Working...
                              X