Lets talk phaser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets talk phaser

So today I actually played around with the phaser setting on my little Cube 40xl.... man I really liked it!

I just have it set to the very first lowest setting where it picks up and begins to work, nothing really saturated, just barely there sort of setting

So it got me thinking, Jolly already talked me into buying a Chorus pedal... why not get all out of my comfort zone here and add another pedal?

What kind/brand/model of pedal do I want to sort of emulate that (roland phaser) type sound? IIRC Roland makes Boss pedals right?
    Would that be a good place to start then or not necessarily?

I don't think one that has a one button on off and a speed dial will work, I want to be able to vary the amount of wet/dry signal.

Thoughts?

I can't buy anything boutique either, but I'd throw 40 bucks at someone if they had something I would actually use ya know?
    Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Re: Lets talk phaser

If I were a man in the market for a phaser I'd be going with the Keeley Phaser or the Red Witch Moon Phase, without a doubt..... maybe even both!

Comment

I always liked the MOOG Stage phaser . . . but that is way more than most would like to pay for a phase-sound.

. . . but it sure as hell sounds GOOD !
      Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-FX60...r+phaser+delay - $40.00

https://reverb.com/item/199696-mxr-p...er-patch-cable - $55.00

https://reverb.com/item/156335-biyan...-free-shipping - $70.00

http://www.amazon.com/T-Rex-Engineer...r+delay&dpPl=1 - $80.00

https://reverb.com/item/139615-pre-o...hase-modulator - $80.00

Good Luck

Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

Comment

Maximum Price/performance, I say try the Digitech Hyperphase or a Boss Super Phaser or an Ibanez PH7 (Tonelok)

They all seem to be decent, flexible, and cheap. Maybe not for conneseurs, but you are taking to a guy who digs the Behringer….

Although I'd love that VFE enterprise pedal….
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

One of my favorite tones is still the EHx Small Stone!
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I love the small stone, it's a beautiful phaser. If you have the big box version it's very easy to mod it to work as a passable uni-vibe as well.
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

There are lots of flavour of phase, and you really have to try 'em to decide which you like best. Personally, I like having all 3 major modulation options available (chorus, phase, flange) and then decide what works for a particular application.

As for brands, I have MXR for phase and flange, Mooer for chorus, and an old Maestro phase.
                Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

EVH Phase 90, vintage and modern 90 tones in 1 box

Comment

Originally posted by qaiso View Post
                    EVH Phase 90, vintage and modern 90 tones in 1 box
                    Got to agree. I am not heavy Phase guy but that is what I have sitting on my board. Easy interface great tone.

Comment

For me the best phaser tone is Maxon PT-9 Pro. Very thick sound.

Comment

I love my MXR Eddie Van Halen phaser.

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MXR-M-107-Ph...item540915301a - $107.00

I think the MXR Phase 100 is a very underrated and overlooked pedal.

Comment

The MXR phase 90 is the standard but its the older ones. The new reissue with the LED is the best value

From picks to pedals and every accessory in between, Dunlop Manufacturing has been creating world-class gear for musicians for over 50 years. We consistently create the best selling picks and analog electronics, and carry a large line of accessories that set industry standards in their respective fields. We have a long list of legendary and modern-day superstars who all share a passion for our gear. Whether it’s pushing new innovations with our string line, or tweaking classic sounds with our vintage pedals, there is a dedication to music at the heart of everything we create.

Comment

A univibe or Leslie sim satisfied my phaser wishes.

Why not the Danelectro pedal? I've heard it was pretty good bang for the buck.

Comment

Working...
                              X