Non-working Pro Co Rat Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-working Pro Co Rat Turbo

I've got a non-working Pro Co Rat Turbo that that I'd really like to get up and running if only to sell it. I've tried to find the problem myself but I can't seem to find it. Any one have any suggestions for hunting it down? To hire someone to repair it would cost about what I could get for the pedal it seems and I'd rather do it myself at that point. Unfortunately, troubleshooting has proven nothing. The pedal comes on when there is power and the footswitch is engaged but no sound comes through. I do get sound (sometimes) when it's not engaged (doesn't work all the time). Any suggestions?
    Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
    It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Re: Non-working Pro Co Rat Turbo

Check the wires to the jacks.

Comment

It may be opamp. If it's on the socket you can buy one for few cents and easily replace it by yourself. Also like Izzo said, look for badly soldered cables.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Tapatalk
      Gibson SG Standard with Seth Lover neck/bridge hybrid with A3 in neck & Brobucker with A3 in bridge
      -> Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 -> Reaper -> Helix Native -> Celestion IRs -> Yamaha HPH-MT8

Less is more

Comment

I vote jack as well
        Unless your not telling us bout dropping it in a bucket of water

*(Sent from my durned phone!)*
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

It's probably the switch if it's coming on when it's turned off. Spray some contact cleaner into the plunger of the switch. Hit the button twenty times to clean it out. Let it dry according to the directions. And give it a try. It should at least make it work a little longer and you'll know what the problem is. Replacement of the switch is easy.
          Hmm...

Comment

Sounds like the switch from the fault description. I have repaired several pedals and the most common is faulty bypass switches. Do you have a meter to check the contacts close properly? Or even a led, resistor and battery connected in series will work. (Used this setup when no meter was available)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

IIRC, the Turbo Rat uses millennium bypass and has X-wing style switches. I've found that the center lug on the left side of those switches often comes loose and an easy fix is to simply press it back into place. If you post a gutshot, I might be able to show you which lug I'm talking about and point out any wires that might be at fault.

And like everyone's saying, contact cleaner is not a bad idea too, but if it kills the signal when off and only works intermittently when on, then it's likely not the jacks or the opamp.
              Pedal blog: http://manticorefx.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
              X