Snus, beer and fuzz (NPD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snus, beer and fuzz (NPD)

The BAT Destroyer arrived. I decided to have a day off without all the usual business. Good times getting wasted all by myself. So I go ahead and put the pedal in front of the amp and plug in. Without earplugs, of course.

It does what it claims to do.

That is all.
    There are two kinds of people in this world that go around beardless—boys and women, and I am neither one

Re: Snus, beer and fuzz (NPD)

Is it heavy? I bet it's heavy.
     Originally Posted by DreX

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

Destroys bats?
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Oh, maybe it destroyed his amp's power section. That would explain his lack of response.
         Originally Posted by DreX

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

The Black Arts have shown me how to sonically destroy anything I ever want. Not that it wasn't possible earlier on with my extremely lousy playing. Now, if I feel I can't be asked to do it with my playing, I can crush the weak music with just plugging into the Destroyer and strumming some haphazard chords. Practical.

Seriously, though, it sounds awesome.
          There are two kinds of people in this world that go around beardless—boys and women, and I am neither one

Comment

Cool man! I really wanted one of those when they had the UFO paint job available... But I pumped the brakes while I saved for my new head... Now I have enough to buy the head AND the pedal but the pedal is sold out.

So if anybody out there has a UFO etched Destroyer they want to unload, let me know...
            green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

I think that the pedal is quite reasonably priced sincr it houses two distinctily different pedals in one. It's also nice that they can be stacked throughh the pedal.

I use the Ritual side when I'm on a ZZ Top kick or such. It has a thick and gritty sound with some sputter. It reacts interestingly to the volume knob. It retains nearly all of the high end when rolling back, but loses the low end and the gain. Makes it useful to get more low volume tones that still cut through. Then one can unleash the whole mayhem when the need arises.

The Oath side is full on onslaught. It can't really be tamed. It's great for doom and other extremely heavy styles. The volume boost is really big.

I love ithe simplicity of the design. Even though I like exploring new tones I'm not much of a tweaker and I usually gravitate to a few staples in my arsenal. I'm sure I could make do without the volume pot on the Ritual side. I wonder if either of the circuits would fit on a guitar. That would be even more awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                Destroys bats?

Not just bats, but fully grown Vampires at 100 meters.
                Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

In all seriousness . . .

. . . i know Mark for about 5 years before he started to venture into the pedal building business.

He is sooo meticulous when it comes to creating a pedal.
                  And the nice thing is (well, at least it is good news for me) his test-bed amp is a Bassman, just like mine.
                  The Pharaoh was made to specifically work with his Bassman.
                  So whenever i ask him about a stompbox, he describes it to me via what i can expect from the pedal through a Bassman. Seeing that he knows i have one too.

And there is a little bird that told me, 2014 is gonna see at least 3 new creations from the Black Art Toneworks camp.
                  But you never heard it from me . . .
                  Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

He's a really cool guy. When I ordered my Coven I had a ton of problems with the dealer I tried to get it from (they took their sweet time to send me the right pedal but the wrong paint job... and took even sweeter time refunding my money) so he took the last available enclosure with that paint job, one that he didn't want to use because it had a very minor flaw, and handwired the thing and shipped to to me with a T-shirt in less time than the store sent me a pre-made, pre-packaged one.

The fact that he uses an old Bassman and a Valve Junior and Emperor cabs to test his pedals is also great for me... I'm running the same rig.

I'm stoked to see what else he's got up his sleeve. I've been fighting to resist buying some of those limited edition paintjob Pharaoh and Pharaoh Supremes while they're around... and a standalone Black Forest overdrive, because I use that side of my Coven more than the Pharaoh... and I'm sure that Black Sheep fuzz sounds sick in person...

Yeah... Can not speak highly enough about Black Arts Toneworks.

P.S. If anybody knows what mods he did to his Valve Junior, please let me know. Mine is stock and not very exciting anymore.
                    Last edited by Empty Pockets; 07-29-2014, 10:31 AM.
                    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Working...
                    X